removing the ac on my 5.0

,,,,,,comma,,,,,,

if you are running no smog pump or aftermarket pulleys or whatever you will need a new custom length belt as well ill look what size mine is i have underdrive crank pulley and stock everyhting else no smog pump either and its around a 68 inch belt

this might come in handy

http://www.cjponyparts.com/Pictures/Tech_50belts.gif

i used the top right on for more clearance between the water pump and tensioner pulleys

Guest fist302

+1 on everything Stimmel has said.

Its a easy job. The kit clears up alot of space and you drop a nice amount of weight after you take all the AC components out.

Here are a few pics of my setup. This is the ford racing AC delete kit.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv346/wpiner88/1.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv346/wpiner88/2-1.jpg

Edited by fist302

Even more with an electrical water pump.

Stimmel I will clean your engine bay for free:cool:

good call on the electric wp, Im going electic fan here soon

P.S. thanks shanton I need to put my battery in the trunk soon, im headed to the junkyards tuesday if you wanna roll with me again

andrew if you need a hand feel free to pm me

^All you need is an electric fan out of an older Ford Taurus. Lots of write-ups on that. We did exactly what it said on mine, got a 2-speed fan out of a taurus on e-bay for like $25. Kept it nice and cool. People in Arizona are running 450hp cars with a taurus dual speed electric fan...just an idea.

^All you need is an electric fan out of an older Ford Taurus. Lots of write-ups on that. We did exactly what it said on mine, got a 2-speed fan out of a taurus on e-bay for like $25. Kept it nice and cool. People in Arizona are running 450hp cars with a taurus dual speed electric fan...just an idea.

I know im either doing that or a mark 8 fan im hitting the junkyards tommorw or tuesday

Does it just bolt right up?

hmmm Ill probably hold off on that then, I will be getting my aerostar driveshaft this week though.:cool:

yea the 140 amp alternator comes on the taurus as well im gonna do that swap tuesday probly, im headed to the junkyard tuesday ill keep my eye out for 5.0 stuff, I too have an aerostart driveshaft sitting in my garage ha

Did you use that set of gt ground effects you got from me back in december?