Myrtle Beach

conn-e-rot

Well I might actually hit both I have from the 13th to the 26th off heading to Myrtle the 13th then to Deals gap and if I feel ambitious i might return for "black bike week" even tho i think its ridiculous they have 2

I agree. Why in the hell did it get separated anyways?

uhhh it goes back to this lady tryin to ride a bus

I think we've came a long way since then. That is irrelevant now. Now it's just a form of segregation. I believe it's a spit in the face to other bikers. Represent the biking community as a whole, not a race. Standing up to it though and saying something is taboo in today's society. How we got like that...I have no idea. That's my PSA for the day.:cool:

Also, for the good of the forum we should stay away from any issues dealing with ethnic groups. It's like politics and religion...it's leads to no good. :nono:

Edited by NinjaNick

Here is the deal about "black bike week", not trying to start shit just trying to shed some light on it being from the south and all.

Yes way back when it was orgainized by black bikers for black bikers. Only because the beach itself was segregated. The far north end of the beach was for blacks only. Now that segregation is over and everyone can go where they want it just so happens that tradition of meeting a certain week of the month of may for black bikers still exist. But to say that black bike week is for blacks only now would be saying hip/hop and rap is only for black, which we all know is not the case. You can all walks of life during the so called "black bike week".

If you wanted to put a title on either week you would say the first week is the Crusier week then the next week is sportbike week. Sense you don't see too many colored people on harleys its majority white. The next week would fall during the traditional "black bike week" with mostly sport bikes and a much younger crowd.

What it boils down to is tradition and because its in the south which has a bad history of racism it just seems wrong.