Now this is a Stand up Sponsor!

Guest Removed

Guest Removed
Rob,

I saw the post about you needing to update your predator. You can buy everything from radio shack. You need an ac adapter that outputs 1 amp at 12 volts and a usb to serial adapter and then you can download everything directly from Diablos site. You also could just swing by the shop sometime and I will update it for you so you dont have to buy anything. Let me know if I can help.

Brady

Now this is how some should handle there business! I think I talked advance tuning and engine's and so on for over 2 hours with this guy tonight..And all i can say is, I have a New sponsor Buddy! I'll see you tomorrow!

Guest Removed
Just got back from figuring out where my trap speeds went yesterday thanks to the loaded dyno at PPC. Brady was very professional and I got a lot of good info.

Time for a new torque converter.

i figured it sounded like a trans issue...:p:(

Guest Removed
These guys are top notch. Brady and Kyle and scott have been taking care of my trucks and plows. The load bearing dyno gives true numbers of a car. Cant wait to get mine up on there.

best fucking dyno in ohio!

i have found my dyno testing area. now just to get the car together!

Just got back from figuring out where my trap speeds went yesterday thanks to the loaded dyno at PPC. Brady was very professional and I got a lot of good info.

Time for a new torque converter.

You know the track is a loaded dyno right ;)

And really a eddy current dyno is a nice device, but the *true* numbers argument is false. call dynojet, or mustang and ask :)

you know yours is a eddie current too right.

http://www.dynojet.com/automotive_dyno/424x_dyno/default.aspx

maybe you should read up whats sitting in your floor. :)

Dynojet offers it both ways. The 424x is inertia and the 424xlc is the one with load control at the time we were putting our order in with Mustang, Dynojet was just getting the load control units out but nobody really had any information about them. If I had to place the order again today, I would still order the dyno I have sitting in my shop. It fit the needs of our shop better and is very flexible in the amount of different testing methods that it allows us to use to tune a car.

The Mustang/Dynojet argument is one that no one will ever win. They are like comparing apples and oranges. They both try to accomplish the same goal but go about it in a different manner. Does that make one right over the other? No not really, they are just different.

As far as seeing true numbers on one versus the other, has anyone ever heard the saying "A man with a watch always knows what time it is but a man with two is never quite sure."? Same goes with dyno numbers. The numbers on the dyno should be used as reference values to ensure you are headed in the right direction with whatever work is being performed. That being said, every dyno will read a little different and comparing numbers from one to another is very difficult. Now on a properly loaded load bearing dyno, you will see much more accurate acceleration rates to what you would see on the street versus just using the inertia weight of the rollers. Anyone that has been on both will understand completely what I am saying. The pull time on a loaded dyno is much longer than that of a non loaded one but that is to be expected due to the added load put on the rollers.

As far as calling Mustang or Dynojet and asking whose numbers are correct, they will both say their own. In the end it really comes down to how the car drives and the track times after the car is unstrapped from the rollers. The dyno is really just another tool to help get you there.

Edited by Brady@PPC

Guest Removed

RW number mean nothing to me anyway. with a 4800 billet converter, i know the RW numbers are going to be way off my fylwheel numbers. i know whats at the fylwheel. im just wondering how your will handle my n20 stages. guess ill come to that when the time comes.

Hell my dude up in akron put down under 600 at the wheels, but the dam thing clicks off low 9's..and thats on motor :)