Information regarding Dyno Tune Motorsports Dynamometer and Data Logging.

DTM Brian

Hello all.

Thought I would take a minute to talk about DTM and its dynamomter.

The dynamometer being used is a DynoJet 248 which is an inertia dyno.

The wideband that I use is the same one as Pickups Plus with is a AFM1000 using a NTK Oxygen. According to Dave Darsh at Powertrain Electronics, the NTK oxygen is regarded as the best wideband oxygen sensor you can by. It better be for a pay $500.00 for just a sensor. The sensor is always calibrated at the begining of each day. The "sniffer" is a vacuum pump from dyno jet which I service 3-4 times a year replacing the internal parts to ensure the pump always pulls a good vacuum.

I use Competition Data for logging. The AFM wideband connects to the Competiton Data module which then connects to the dyno. The Competition Data has four inputs for logging any 0-5v sensor. I currently use the AFM1000 (http://www.powertrain.net) for A/F's and a boost sensor (astsensors.com) from American Sensor Technology. I have used the other to analog inputs for EGT's, Fuel Pressures, and MAF voltages.

I have been tuning Ford vehicles using Ford SCT software since 2003. I then aquired HP tuners for GM LSX vehicles after Eric made the transition to IPS. I believe this was sometime back at the end of 2006 and the begininng of 2007.

From what I understand I have a pretty good relationship with my customers. If there is a problem they know they can call or e-mail me and I will do my best answer any questions or resolve any problems they are having. This is extremely important to me. However I do not have control of what a customer does once they leave the shop.

I want to give a big thanks to those who have supported me over the years. I plan on to continue to provide tuning services for a long time to the central Ohio area. Dyno Tune is here to stay. The reason I believe this is because of the ongoing support I get from customers who believe in what I do. I am looking to expand Dyno Tune in the next couple of years which includes the purchase of my own building and a load bearing awd dyno. Service is beginning to pick up as well.

FWIW.

If you happy with a shop and/or a dyno then my best advice is to stick with that shop. I would rather see someone go to another shop and be happy with their results then to come to me and feel like they did not get the service they were looking for.

Once again thank you to the supporters of Dyno Tune.

Agreed. Brian has been with CR since the beginning and has always treated it's members very well and with professionalism.

I will go out and say though, that sometimes people do not appreciate him like his customers do and that's their right. However, sometimes some unprofessional things are said and do get back to the person being talked about. If you are not a direct customer and have issues with Brian, either take them up with him personally or don't say anything at all. Word does get around at who said what, and it does make a cause for un-needed drama and tension.

Brian as well as all the CR Sponsors are here for you, the members of CR. We support them as they support us.

+2

Brian and his dad has always went that extra mile, when I was having problems with my mass-air flow sensor throwing off my a/f ratio when I had the car tuned the last time, we took it apart and cleaned it up and got it back in tip top shape. They are easy and excellent people to work with and talk to about with any questions you have concerning your car or the dyno. There very professional and knowledgeable. They will always have my business. In other words it doesn’t get any better. Thanks Dyno tune!

Brian, how does the AFM1000 handle race gas? like c-16 and large amounts of the giggle gas?

The NTK sensor is very resistant to deterioration from lead deposits. Any tool used for measurement should have a cal feature to deal with age. However, due to the sampling method, the sensor should be replaced when needed. (they flat line when expired).

Most car-installable wide bands will use the Bosch LSU 4.X because of simplicity, parts are readily available, and sub 100$. There are aftermarket units that use/can use the NTK....FJO & NTK AFX for example

Nitrous has very little effect on oxygen sensors since its made up of nitrogen and oxygen.

Good stuff Brian, and I just thought the dyno was a big tredmill for cars. :p. BTW my car is getting better and better, one of the things on my "To Do List" is to bring it by the dyno and put down some... well, it's goanna be slow but at least it will have a great tune! :thumbup:

I trust Brian to do all the tuning on my vehicles. Hell, I have had folks come from CHICAGO to get tuned by Brian and loved the results!!!

Brian got my 4.6 DOHC to a SAFE 500 RWHP on a STOCK BLOCK! That made a 4600+ lb car run a 11.7!!!

:thumbup:

WOO WOO!!!!!!

:D

KillJoy

Brian and Howard have have been nothing but helpful to me in the past. They are always professional about the way they do business and respect each customer's car like it was there own. Brian has always done a great job tuning my brother's cars and other friends of my in the past. Brian i'll be in touch with you soon for my white car.

Forgot to mention, ECM makes LAB GRADE equipement, as in, the same controllers used to calibrate at an OEM level -- AFR to the tenth. ECM + NTK sensor = tag team of win.

The NTK sensor is very resistant to deterioration from lead deposits. Any tool used for measurement should have a cal feature to deal with age. However, due to the sampling method, the sensor should be replaced when needed. (they flat line when expired).

Most car-installable wide bands will use the Bosch LSU 4.X because of simplicity, parts are readily available, and sub 100$. There are aftermarket units that use/can use the NTK....FJO & NTK AFX for example

Nitrous has very little effect on oxygen sensors since its made up of nitrogen and oxygen.

Rob,

Mr. Nate was kind enough to answer your question. C16 will not be a problem.

Thank you Nate for answering Mr. Rob's questions.

Brian, how does the AFM1000 handle race gas? like c-16 and large amounts of the giggle gas?