Didnt last long but life is short.

neonkiller

Dude this shit happens too many times in the car world, I just sold my beloved 240sx last week , even tho people only say its a 240 ive dumped alot of money and hard work into the car, either way everyone grows and learns, others sooner then others, just do what you need to do, and get back when the time is right. FIRST RULE of the car game is if you dont have cash to buy it then its prolly not a good idea. Good luck to you, things always happen for a reason no matter how good or bad, in a year you will look back and you will prolly be releaved.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a similar decision when i sold my car.

I barely drove it, i never had a good reason to, it got terrible mileage, and driving it on the street lost its appeal real quickly. After getting pulled over at roughly 140mph (you remember that day right, shanton!?) and dealing with the shit that followed, i realized speeding on the street just wasn't worth it to me.

Then about a year ago one of my friends wrecked his car going way over the speed limit and hit a pole nearly killing himself and his wife. After some surgery and a lot of physical therapy they both made a pretty good recovery but I don't know if he'll ever be back to 100% of what he was before physically, and it could have easily been WAY worse for both of them. That hit close to home for me, and it made me realize how much I do not want to be driving hard on the street. I decided i could make my car a dedicate track car, but it just wasn't there. There were lots of things I'd have to fix or upgrade at a cost I wasn't willing to pay at this point in my life, not including the insane cost of track time in general. I'd also be driving it to and from the track since i didn't have a truck or trailer which is probably not a great idea. Luckily I had a great daily driver that was safe, fuel efficient, and comfortable, and I decided let my RX-7 go. I lost a ton of money but I was okay with it due to how much I learned from that car and how ready i was to get rid of it. I recently bought a go-kart and will start racing it here shortly (already did an autox). I bought a cheap trailer, a kart, some gear, and I'm ready to race at the limit in a safe, fun, LEGAL environment. I feel like I made the right choice, and so far I'm 100% happy with it. It sucks to let a project car go, but I think you're making the right decision, especially if you have debt to pay off.

seems like a good decision for now to put it on hold / sell

Problem with much of america is people are spending more then they are earning (not saying this is the case) however; when this is the case its best to cut non essentials such as fast cars / drinking until debt is relieved. 28% credit card should be taken care soon, to reduce money wasted / build credit.

Also remember to save, retirement will come sooner than you think, and i promise you don't want to rely on social security. If you don't have a roth IRA (or some form of retirement plan) open one, even if its just $20 a month.

Sorry to hear about this Shanton.

On the plus side, you wont have to worry about me dragging you down the track in Cam's car now...........

I owe you a Benjamin. I got caught in a bitch move.:D

Thanks for the replies guys. It is like Im ri[pping this car awa from me. Sunday night I should have it at my place ready to put up for sale.

Rob it will be a killer deal considering the wheels and gauges I have in the car and all the plastic interior peices Ive replaced and fixed.

Fuck this sucks but In the long run I can understand, however Jones your completely right I gotta get my life straight first then play.

To anyone who has done this I know can feel your pain. And it aint nice.:(