So I went to the dark side.....

Casper

Also, 4G is being blown way out of propertion by all wireless companies. It will make a lot of things easier and more customer friendly... but dont expect anything super duper special or you will be very dissapointed.

There are already people with unlocked iphones on verizon. Its the broadband connection that would need to be changed to work on EVDO.

What good is an iPhone with out Broadband, just rely on Wi-Fi all the time? Seems like a V6 Stang or Camaro to me....

What good is an iPhone with out Broadband, just rely on Wi-Fi all the time? Seems like a V6 Stang or Camaro to me....

I have to agree... it would be like paying a hooker for a hand job that didnt have any arms.

Also, 4G is being blown way out of propertion by all wireless companies. It will make a lot of things easier and more customer friendly... but dont expect anything super duper special or you will be very dissapointed.

+1

:p

Oh, and to those waiting for an iphone to come to verizon... You could probably finish a full contract and still have to wait before they get it. The two networks are so large and similar that you honestly cant tell the difference in populated areas like Columbus. By the time verizon gets it a better phone will be out and the iphone will be comparible to the razor of today. Get it while its cool.... or wait a few years and get it when everyone has them scattered all over their sock drawers and they are on sale on ebay for $50.... it's up to you.

Inbeforetheymakeaniphone2exclusivetoattjustasverizongetsthefirstiphone

:p

Oh, and to those waiting for an iphone to come to verizon... You could probably finish a full contract and still have to wait before they get it. The two network are so large and similar that you honestly cant tell the difference in populated areas like Columbus. By the time verizon gets it a better phone will be out and the iphone will be comparible to the razor of today. Get it while its cool.... or wait a few years and get it when everyone has them scattered all over their sock drawers and they are on sale on ebay for $50.... it's up to you.

Inbeforetheymakeaniphone2exclusivetoattjustasverizongetsthefirstiphone

I don't see the iPhone going away anytime soon Brian, the new cool phone will be the iPhone 10G. :) Apple is committed at this point to releasing a new phone each year..... people still buy iPods for god's sake.....

I think it's funny people still think Apple is going to make A CDMA iPhone for Verizon. :)

Was talking with Brain about this he was saying it was already built for CDMA. Secondly when they go to 4G they are phasing CDMA out IIRC.

Was talking with Brain about this he was saying it was already built for CDMA. Secondly when they go to 4G they are phasing CDMA out IIRC.

No the phone can run on Verizon's voice 3G, but no data via CDMA. The chip in the iPhone will not do Data on Verizon's network. Brian PMed me about AT&T and Verizon Sharing towers, AT&T buying rights to Verizon's towers.

4G prep...

"AT&T (NYSE: T) and Verizon (NYSE: VZ) Wireless have finalized a deal that will give AT&T wireless assets across 18 states.

AT&T on Tuesday said it will pay $2.35 billion for these assets, which include licenses, spectrum, properties, and 1.5 million subscribers. The carrier said the deal will help it improve reception across the nation and expand its 3G services for handsets like the iPhone 3G and the BlackBerry Bold. "

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2009/05/rumor-new-iphone-hardware-to-be-a-minor-upgrade.ars

Possible Iphone upgrades.

OP, as a new owner, how do you like the phone. Do you get good phone service? I have VZW now too and really want the Iphone. I basically use my Curve now for surfing and think the Iphone will handle that so much better. I will wait until the new one comes out before I make the switch though.

I am also thinking of switching from verizon to AT&T for the Iphone lol but my GF doesn't want me to as she is on verizon and doesn't want to use up her text's and minutes haha.

Keep that pimp hand strong..