whining noise

Snowflake

sounds like a rear fluid change will take care of the problem. those rear diffs are known for that. get your self 3 bottles of synthetic 75w90 and a bottle of limited slip additive and a rear cover gasket and change the fluid. since this is an online diag. there still is a chance it won't fix it but i have seen many do this so its a cheep repair to try.

I didnt see a drain plug when under there so it looks like Id better have something to catch the old fluid.

Im gonna do this in the morning. It sounds like a pretty fun job.

Is that gasket a dealership item because the AA didnt have a listing for it :confused:

Man, I hope there's still a GM dealership open around here. :)

yes, but see there is something that is not in the book. what if's...

like if the side bearing load is to high? what if the front bearing wont tighten down enough..its stuff like that the book dont cover. and some say to measure just the pinion bearing rolling torque, and some say to measure it all together.

I measure it all together on chevy's (only thing the pinions seem to leak on that I see :) )

no noises yet but these are all axles that just have leaks and not noise

Guest Removed
I measure it all together on chevy's (only thing the pinions seem to leak on that I see :) )

no noises yet but these are all axles that just have leaks and not noise

8.8's eat pinions seals....i have counted a few here lately.:p but then i was installing gears too :D