Just picked up...

Guest Hal

I never had any problems with my TRP 1911 or my Sig, or xd, or M&P. Try cleaning your guns people :)

Cleaned and lubed before I fired a single shot :cool:. I attribute the M&P to a magazine issue, not sure on the Kimber yet.

That paper target looks like it should good job! Gun looks nice as well.

I don't understand how these expensive guns can jam and malfunction. My glock 21 has never malfunctioned at all (knock on wood). I try to clean it every time I go but there has been 2 specific times I didn't clean it and it shot fine. I am not lying when I say I have put 10 boxes of 45 auto through it. Not one single problem. Maybe it is because I bought it new??

Kimbers cost more then glocks don't they? If so why are they jamming?

That paper target looks like it should good job! Gun looks nice as well.

I don't understand how these expensive guns can jam and malfunction. My glock 21 has never malfunctioned at all (knock on wood). I try to clean it every time I go but there has been 2 specific times I didn't clean it and it shot fine. I am not lying when I say I have put 10 boxes of 45 auto through it. Not one single problem. Maybe it is because I bought it new??

Kimbers cost more then glocks don't they? If so why are they jamming?

The Kimber only cost ~100 more than my Glock 30. Glocks don't require any break in either, out of the box and good to go. A 1911 should be broken in to reach maximum effectiveness.

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade 1 = get a better mag. Custom II's are usually pretty good little beasts. *Usually*

Put 100 rounds through it before dinner today. Out of those I had one malfunction and it was early in the first box. IMO that's not bad during break in time.

Here's a 14 round group I shot today. I'm shooting a little low and left but, I'll work on correcting that next time out.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/punkhott712/Photo_052709_004.jpg

Also, never count a good 1911 out of the fight, even Glockers shouldn't...

"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now." —Colonel Robert J. Coates, USMC

"GIs carrying 1911's defeated Axis forces, including Austrians. The 1911 was winning battles and saving lives before Gaston Glock was even born - somewhere along the way we probably figured out a thing or two on combat handguns." –Larry Vickers