Dan Tobin Pontiacs service department

V8 Beast

I heart them lol! They know my entire family by name and make the entire experience great everytime!!! I dont have a lot of ways to give back to the service dept so I take my TA up there for oils changes from time to time. The service guys always ask me how fast its running and even remember the times I told them from the last time. It honestly feels more like a car meet than an oil change.. Plus I get to test drive random cars ;)

On a side note, I was glad to hear that their dealership will survive all of the GM issues. I was also told they will be branching out so there could be some C6's in their parking lot in the near future :cool:

Edited by V8 Beast
spell check

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Car was rich and made like 550rwhp 630ft/lbs with the progressive controller. I leaned out the fuel jet and it made 555rwhp but is still too rich for my liking.

Edit: It's a 150 shot.

Edited by V8 Beast
worded it wrong

oh ok i went 528.6 max power and 688.3 tourque today. just curious what your shot did for you. i am shooting 150 also. sorry for this being in this thread just wanted to know sorry I thought you were running a 200 or 250 or something crazy like that? mine was to rich as well.

oh ok i went 528.6 max power and 688.3 tourque today. just curious what your shot did for you. i am shooting 150 also. sorry for this being in this thread just wanted to know sorry I thought you were running a 200 or 250 or something crazy like that? mine was to rich as well.

I dyno'd my car once off the progressive controller once. It made 690 torque on a lean spike and scared the mess out of me. I will never dyno off the controller again before I upgrade the bottom end.

...Had to look at the dyno graph. It made 419 with the timing I'm at, so I'm getting about 136 out it. If I get the right fuel jet it will be about 140rwhp if I'm lucky... my cam sucks :(

you can always thank the service guys with some fresh tasty donuts, I love it when our customers do that :)

I think I may bring them some donuts next weekend.

Guest Removed
dan tobin is awesome. lmfao (Now you are saying that you are going to run low tens with that? holy shit i am gonna get kicked off the track.

It should go at least mid 10's. I ran 10's already with 3 quarters tank of gas, street tires, and no trans brake. At the next event I'm going to put the slick on, start spraying off the line, and try to dial in the suspension.

kiss the trans and rearend goodbye :D

It should go at least mid 10's. I ran 10's already with 3 quarters tank of gas, street tires, and no trans brake. At the next event I'm going to put the slick on, start spraying off the line, and try to dial in the suspension.

Guest Removed
:lol: Try to stay on the off topic topic.. my car making enough power to run mid 10's on a stock bottom end :eek: All I have to do is blow the dust off of my slicks, and mount the skinneys.

bet the stock bottom end car i have here will be faster..

more so after i get the D1 super charger mounted up...:p

77 didnt type that last part of that post. I hit edit instead of quote by mistake.

bet the stock bottom end car i have here will be faster..

more so after i get the D1 super charger mounted up...:p

Torque > HP ;)