price check please :)

1veryfastvr4

Know what you want though. Out here at Gunnies the $649 Panther lite was a very basic model lacking the forward assist, shell deflector, and dust cover,... I'd avoid that model unless you plan to never really shoot it. The next model up for $749 had all of them.

Know what you want though. Out here at Gunnies the $649 Panther lite was a very basic model lacking the forward assist, shell deflector, and dust cover,... I'd avoid that model unless you plan to never really shoot it. The next model up for $749 had all of them.

Yeah, the next one up at $749 is the way to go. DPMS for the past 3 or more years has had:

Forged Lowers

Properly staked gas key

properly staked castle nut

M4 feedramps

true 5.56 chamber

If you want it to plink with and run a few 3 gun matches, it's a great gun.

where is gunnies?

new to the Ar's so just looking to see whats a decent one to buy and for what kind of price...... so maybe add another hundred an buy a better rifle..... ill keep my eye out then

Sorry, I keep forgetting my location still says Ohio. Gunnies is a Utah store, comparable to Vances. You should be able to find those same prices at any competitive gun shop.

My recommendation, if you want a slightly better quality AR is to buy the upper and lower receivers separately. You'll wait a good bit longer than if you were to just buy a complete rifle off the shelf though.

I assembled my CMMG lower and RRA upper for $850. $100 more than the same DPMS, but I also believe they are a little higher in the AR food chain. I waited 12 wks I think for my RRA upper, and this was before the new administration.

FWIW though, you'll be more than happy with the DPMS. My coworker bought one and we had a hell of a lot of fun with it a couple weekends ago.

cool, just checking...... noticed few places starting to get them in now so wanted to be lil bit up to date on them so i know when i buy one which one to and not to buy:)

the one i mentioned was on sale for $699 last weekend so kinda made me wonder cause all the ones on swap giant and GB are mostly over $1k

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

still piecing my first rifle together, guy offered to sell me this upper listed below for $400 just wondering if it was a decent deal before buying

DPMS 16 inch heavy barrel flat top complete upper new unfired, price does include BCG and charging handle

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/1veryfastvr4/IMG_3578.jpg

That's DPMS's sportical model. No foward assist, brass deflector or dust cover plate. It's pretty much their lowest model. Not really knocking on it. Just want you to be informed. Don't think it's worth the price, after you pay for the bcg and handle, you're almost at what basic complete uppers cost new.

Check here to get a better idea on prices: http://www.pkfirearms.com/content/1/20/117/9?page=1

Demand has died and supply has caught up. So prices are pretty close to what they're suppose to be.