BZZT! Electrocution death...

zeitgeist57

http://hikaru.tea-nifty.com/robo/images/20040615_giga_e.jpg

Best Reply Eva-

As for getting shocked- try tig welding 1/2 thick aluminum- 220V, Amperage cranked to 140, pedal all the way down-slightly damp table, no gloves. those that tig know the possibilities...

That will WAKE you up. :eek:

I've had one leg of a 480V transformer (so 240V) @ 60amps go through my left arm from my elbow to my hand. Hurt like a mother fucker. I'm pretty sure I suffered nerve damage. Every now and then I'll get a tingling/numb sensation in that area that will last for hours.

Not fun :(

I've had one leg of a 480V transformer (so 240V) @ 60amps go through my left arm from my elbow to my hand. Hurt like a mother fucker. I'm pretty sure I suffered nerve damage. Every now and then I'll get a tingling/numb sensation in that area that will last for hours.

Not fun :(

i used to work for a home improvement store. one of the fence installers hit a 480v line with an auger. i was not there but they said it throw him something like 30 ft.

i used to work for a home improvement store. one of the fence installers hit a 480v line with an auger. i was not there but they said it throw him something like 30 ft.

Well, I'm sure it hurt like hell and he was probably out for a minute, but, getting thrown 30 ft is like someone getting blown through the wall of a house in the movies when they get shot with a shotgun, it simply doesn't happen in real life.

My previous shop manager was working on a live panel and had 480 go across his body (but low amperage so no death from it). Put his heart into arrhythmic beat for about a day. He didn't get thrown anywhere, in fact, the shock simply wouldn't let him let go anywhere till the panel was killed.

I mean, look at the video, that guy took WAY over 480V and a shit ton of Amps when touching that cable, and he merely held on for a few short bursts and then dropped. If anyone would have been thrown from such an event, it would have been him.

Not picking on ya, I just can't stand when events are over embelished.