160 lb & 83 lb injectors

slowZ28

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have seen them listed as both. I believe Bosch rates them at 1680. These numbers are never exact. An injector's flow has to do with fuel pressure and open/close time which is dictated by a combination of the injector electronics and the driver (ecu) that is controlling it. You can reasonably estimate 1 millisecond to open and 1 millisecond to close although some engine management systems claim to be able to open and close a Bosch injector much quicker than this.

Injectors aren't made to the most stringent tolerances in the world. These things aren't on the space shuttle and aren't very expensive. Some shops will acutally flow 100 new injectors of the same size/make and see flow rates +/- 10% of each other. They usually try to group matched sets (+/- 2%) regardless of the actual number. Mine were bought off the shelf so they are not a matched set.

I had the 83's flowed once and put the richer ones in the cylinders that needed more fuel then used my ecu to tweak cylinder correction from there. I have not flowed the 160's.

• 3 weeks later...