Painting Rims?

thorne

Anyone here ever painted there rims? My 18's are gunmetal and chrome lip. Looks good on the car.

The stockers are silver and kinda stick out on the flat black. I was thinking about using the same truckbed coating but idon't think itw ould work out well.

Ive had success with the Duplicolor rattle can but I wouldnt recommend it for lasting forever....

your right, truck bed coating would probably look pretty bad

if you are thinking rattle can, Jegs had some VHT stuff that was better than Duplicolor IMO

yea mine are rattle canned as well i just re did them a few weeks ago after having the last paint last over a year . but this time it didnt turn out too well so ill have them powerdercoated when i get some time/money

yea mine are rattle canned as well i just re did them a few weeks ago after having the last paint last over a year . but this time it didnt turn out too well so ill have them powerdercoated when i get some time/money

Yes, powder coating is the way to go. Rattle can is just not as durable.

Yes, powder coating is the way to go. Rattle can is just not as durable.

my last paint job latest over a year with no paint chipping nothing. only paint flaw was a chip where my lug nut tool broke off the nut an took a chunk of rim with it.