Tim Lynch 4.200@181.34

THE BUCKET

Guest Removed
Thyere going to have to change the 10.5 rules or something because thats damn near Prostock 1/4 traps and ET's

yeah too bad those traps are on a 1/8 mile track.

yeah too bad those traps are on a 1/8 mile track.

Prostock runs in the low 4's 1/8th mile and low/mid 6's the full length... you know this Rob... You should also know that he runs his ETs because of the ridiculous top end that car produces, not his short times... are you slippin on us?

Guest Removed
Prostock runs in the low 4's 1/8th mile and low/mid 6's the full length... you know this Rob... You should also know that he runs his ETs because of the ridiculous top end that car produces, not his short times... are you slippin on us?

no i dont think so and here is why ;)

IHRA Pro Stock cars, because of their 800+ cubic inch mountain motors, dip into the 6.30's at almost 220 miles per hour. Recently, a few cars have dipped into the 6.20's, with Brian Gahm being the first with a 6.29 second pass at Grand Bend Motorplex.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_stock

:gtfo:

and with it being tim's car,and the fact it gets a different gear for 1/4 vs 1/8...his 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile time's vs flat ass 1/8 times wont be the same. cause like any true racer, your going to set the car up to be fastest on what ever track or event your going to.:p hence the 1/4 vs 1/8 comment. now do you see which angle i was talking about..not the fact he is going that fast in the 1/8, but pro stock cars only run 1/4 mile tracks, if i remember right.then regear and setup a pro stock car to run 1/8 mile, then your talking pro mod 1/8 mile times in the low 4's high 3's. now pro mod cars run both...

IHRA Pro Stock cars, because of their 800+ cubic inch mountain motors, dip into the 6.30's at almost 220 miles per hour. Recently, a few cars have dipped into the 6.20's, with Brian Gahm being the first with a 6.29 second pass at Grand Bend Motorplex.

and with it being tim's car,and the fact it gets a different gear for 1/4 vs 1/8...his 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile time's vs flat ass 1/8 times wont be the same. cause like any true racer, your going to set the car up to be fastest on what ever track or event your going to.:p hence the 1/4 vs 1/8 comment. now do you see which angle i was talking about..not the fact he is going that fast in the 1/8, but pro stock cars only run 1/4 mile tracks, if i remember right.then regear and setup a pro stock car to run 1/8 mile, then your talking pro mod 1/8 mile times in the low 4's high 3's. now pro mod cars run both...

mmmm... you said pro mod

Your rebuttal is very logical, but my question is this... whats to stop him from just not going into top gear? If I were to build a car for both the 660 and te 1320, my 660 game wouldnt change a bit... except instead of shifting into that next gear, ride out the last couple hundred rpm and call it a day at the 660.

Example... lets say one built a car with a 3spd MVB trans. And it just so happens that you shift into 3rd, right at about 600ft. Now your optimum shift point is about 500rpm lower than your red line... so why not ride that gear for 60 more ft and not mess with anything? Then roll to the 1/4 and just hit your shift point at 600ft and call it day. I could see tuning for traction with clutches and read end gears, but swapping out trans for the track length just seems like a lot of unnecessary work... and Id think those guys would have figured that out by now. I guess I just dont really get why you wouldn't tune the gears you need for the 1/8, then build onto those for the 1/4, so you could just race both and just not upshift unless you ran the longer track... realistically, its only one more gear.

Guest Removed
mmmm... you said pro mod

yes i did..but maybe you should reread, what i posted. then try again dumbass..and like i said, pro stock cars only run 1/4 mile tracks. pro mods do both 1/4 and 1/8 :gtfo:

Your rebuttal is very logical, but my question is this... whats to stop him from just not going into top gear? If I were to build a car for both the 660 and te 1320, my 660 game wouldnt change a bit... except instead of shifting into that next gear, ride out the last couple hundred rpm and call it a day at the 660.

Example... lets say one built a car with a 3spd MVB trans. And it just so happens that you shift into 3rd, right at about 600ft. Now your optimum shift point is about 500rpm lower than your red line... so why not ride that gear for 60 more ft and not mess with anything? Then roll to the 1/4 and just hit your shift point at 600ft and call it day. I could see tuning for traction with clutches and read end gears, but swapping out trans for the track length just seems like a lot of unnecessary work... and Id think those guys would have figured that out by now. I guess I just dont really get why you wouldn't tune the gears you need for the 1/8, then build onto those for the 1/4, so you could just race both and just not upshift unless you ran the longer track... realistically, its only one more gear.

as stated, the car is regeared.but not at the trans..its mostly done with rear gears. maybe i should have stated that;) now..one, he is in top gear crossing the traps in the 1/8 mile marker. 2 yes you could add over drive gear to that setup, to run 1/4 mile, but that just all bad. reason being, aluminum rod mountain motors will kick the rods way faster, then they all ready do, cause in a over drive gear, you are loading the motor that much more.2 and or 3 speed trans is all they run in those cars.mainly 2 speed glides and id almost be willing to bet, with half as much track to run, the suspension set-up and convertor are different in many ways. let alone the tune up. and yes even maybe first gear in the trans could be different. like a 2.10 first instead of a 2.00 first. top gear is almost always 1.00 to 1. even top fuel runs direct drive for a reason. but hell those motors are done after one pass.

found out today that he actually doesnt change anygearing going from 1/4 to 1/8th...sorry

neither do most of the 10.5 people who run both kinds

i found out today that you suck cock for wooden nickles

Edited by Removed