motor for the evo finally

Linc5.0

The srt I drove loved it. 4200ish full spool. But, I love my 3076r much more.

i was going big turbo on mine an sold it at the last minuite for this exact reason. you have preety much have 2k or less rpm of usable power. i love my full spooll at 3k an ive got soem n20 goingon to compensate for the lack of power. ha

eric is this the car that alreaddy had the 35r on it?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was going big turbo on mine an sold it at the last minuite for this exact reason. you have preety much have 2k or less rpm of usable power. i love my full spooll at 3k an ive got soem n20 goingon to compensate for the lack of power. ha

If you dont spool at idle with the stock turbo, you have issues. I have full spool at 3400 with the 3076

Spray that thing already you lazy bastard.

haha an thats why my car can pull him till 80 an then he flysby me like im standing still.

eric what are your plans for the car. i know you said daily but you also said by daily i mean 35r it lol.

hahha, I rember playing with shanton in mexico on the way to the track last year.

It was VROOOOM PULLIN HOLY SHIT WTF zooooooooooooooooom red gti.

Launch control don't count. Though its funny to do once in a while from a stop light ....

If you're serious about running a 35r on a bone stock motor then you may want to reconsider. You should at least consider replacing the rod bolts and head studs while the motor is already out of the car.

A 35r at lowish boost (25psi) is a bit of a dog. It doesn't really wake up until 28-32PSI and at that point you are going to be pushing 500 to the wheels. The motor isn't going to hold up at the RPM you're going to want to turn. Think about valve springs now too if you intend to spin the car to 8k or so where it would want it.

Is this car a IX? If so then I would honestly argue with you that you could ET the car quicker on a stock IX turbo than a radically tamed down 35R.

If you're serious about running a 35r on a bone stock motor then you may want to reconsider. You should at least consider replacing the rod bolts and head studs while the motor is already out of the car.

A 35r at lowish boost (25psi) is a bit of a dog. It doesn't really wake up until 28-32PSI and at that point you are going to be pushing 500 to the wheels. The motor isn't going to hold up at the RPM you're going to want to turn. Think about valve springs now too if you intend to spin the car to 8k or so where it would want it.

Is this car a IX? If so then I would honestly argue with you that you could ET the car quicker on a stock IX turbo than a radically tamed down 35R.

has both head studs. its an 8. im joking about the 35r, it has a stock turbo with a 10.5 hot side.

I can confirm this-NIGHT AND DAY from 15 to high 20's psi.