motor for the evo finally

Linc5.0

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard you sold the 7 so your wife could spend lots of money down at Jeffersonville a couple weekends ago.

Yep, we followed her back to Columbus.

Sorry to hear the 7 had to go Erik, but I'm sure you had plenty of good rea$ons to sell it. Plus, outside of your work trucks I think that's the longest I've known you to keep a running/working car.

As for the Evo, if you don't think you're going to go far enough to need a built block and you know the long block is in good working order, I'd just buy it, throw it in and be done with it. Buying a short block, rebuilding your head, and then putting everything back together just opens you up to more oppportunity for something to go wrong...all this without the benefit of more power potential if you're just going for a stock build.

Erik

Good luck with that man. wouldn't a 35r require a built block for it to last. I do not know and am curious. That 35r with a 50 shot would be absolutely insane.

not on a evo. they love 30psi on stock block on the factory 9 20g's. take the 35r to 25psi and it will be a fun daily

35r is sooooo laggy though

Really depends on what car. evos are so bad. my galant is badddd

spooling 4500+ shifting at 7300 = lag

I spool 3200 and I like having power low.

why shift at 7300. and 35r's on evo's if you tune it correctly can spool at like 4100k.

and you spool at 3200, but your car doesnt make any real power. a 35r will ;)

Guest tbutera2112
lol at thorne always comparing his slow car to shit....atleast this thread wasnt about the fastest evo in columbus, or thorne woulda put up a whole mod list for his scoobie being a nice daily

why shift at 7300. and 35r's on evo's if you tune it correctly can spool at like 4100k.

and you spool at 3200, but your car doesnt make any real power. a 35r will ;)

I guesse I'm driving the wrong car. I don't care for lag. I really liked my monte's Tq. Hence my desire for a 2.5

i have :) and as far as it being laggy depends on whats pushing it. shantons 1.8 liter YES a corvette NO

what are you talking about shanonts vw instantly spools... if by instant you mean gas oh hey look at the birdy ohh the moon light HOLY SHITTTTT finly

what are you talking about shanonts vw instantly spools... if by instant you mean gas oh hey look at the birdy ohh the moon light HOLY SHITTTTT finly

driving shantons car is like riding a roller coaster waiting waiting waiting OMG what the fuck is going on i'm gonna die

driving shantons car is like riding a roller coaster waiting waiting waiting OMG what the fuck is going on i'm gonna die

haha an thats why my car can pull him till 80 an then he flysby me like im standing still.

eric what are your plans for the car. i know you said daily but you also said by daily i mean 35r it lol.