Driveline 1

TurboRust

yeah in the end they did good work.. i get the driveshaft done and a day or two because of the funky FC rear flanges. i pick it up still has the factory weights on it. I call him" hey bud I'm new to this custom driveshaft shit but shouldnt this have been balanced...he says um lemme check with the tech.. comes back a few secs later and he says no it balanced out fine. anyways a month goes by and I get the car running I've got a drivetrain wobble so bad its crazy. anyways call him and the guy goes on for 20 mins about pinion angle and that balance isnt my problem. So I drive back down drop it off(was told I could wait) then told I have to leave it and they'd call. they didnt I called them @5 pm and he says "do you really need it today?" anyways pick it up and my 3 factory weights are shaved off and there was 5 other new weights in various spots when it was done...

long story short..good work in the end, fucked customer service

I've copied this part from another thread about driveline stuff, but here's an update

I've driven the car maybe 200 miles since they balanced the driveshaft and the vibration was startgin to get worse, so climb under it today to find weights that they've welded on now missing. I'm taking it to columbus joint and clutch because I have no faith whatsoever in teh people down there. I'd rather pay someone else then deal with the people down there lying directly to my face. Now I get to drop my full exhaust for teh 3rd time to fuck with an issue that shouldve been fixed when I first gave them the driveshaft.

DRIVELINE 1 CAN LICK MY LEFT NUT

Didn't realize they were still in business. With customer service like that, in this economy, they won't be for much longer. I always thought they were kinda iffy with their customer service practices, but there aren't too many places that do the work that they are known for.

Wow I had no idea that you were having issues with the Mach 1! Sounds like quite the fiasco. Take it down to Brady at his "pickup" shop on 23, maybe he can help you out? Hope you get it pinned down soon, because... the dealership has moved to my right nut over the drive line in the Shelby...

The weights came off?? Unbelievable!!

Guest Removed
this just seems not like them...i have done tons of work with them. turning flywheels, to having custom drive shafts made, and even having a custom clutch built. and never had a issue other then turn around time on a flywheel or 2. sucks you are having bad luck on this. i would make them fix the issue, and refund the money for your troubles to make it right, before slandering there name on the internet. i mean they could have a new guy in the back, and dont have the quality control that some places do..but who knows.

i would make them fix the issue, and refund the money for your troubles to make it right, before slandering there name on the internet. i mean they could have a new guy in the back, and dont have the quality control that some places do..but who knows.

dont get me wrong we go through the same stuff sometimes, but at the same time i've already been there 3 times and lied to once which I dont appreciate at all. I'd rather go spend my money somewhere else just so I know I'm getting a good job done.

If its factual, it's not slander. Plus it'd be libel since it's written.

This section is for feedback on businesses, and we ask that members voice their concerns. Obviously Derek gave them a fair shot, more than once, and they still treated him horribly. So maybe some negative reinforcement will assist in their endeavors concerning service.

Guest Removed
dont get me wrong we go through the same stuff sometimes, but at the same time i've already been there 3 times and lied to once which I dont appreciate at all. I'd rather go spend my money somewhere else just so I know I'm getting a good job done.
oh i know..at many places i have worked i was the problem solver...it happens. and trust me. there is a reason drive line 1 has always had my business. cause C.J& clutch has done the same thing to me over and over..and after the 4 time they cut a drive shaft the long lenght and had fucked me over on a job again. and i could go on and on..but long story short, since the company took them over from indiana (years ago when rick fox sold out) it had seemed they had just went down hill.

If its factual, it's not slander. Plus it'd be libel since it's written.

This section is for feedback on businesses, and we ask that members voice their concerns. Obviously Derek gave them a fair shot, more than once, and they still treated him horribly. So maybe some negative reinforcement will assist in their endeavors concerning service.

I totally understand that. but why are some people scared of posting negative feedback on a someone/someplace in fear of getting banned? hence the no name thread. i find it unjust if someone wont give a name or wont even get on and state their story.

Driveline1 sucks donkey balls had a drive shaft made once where I gave them the old shaft to measure off of.Get it back its too long and they swear up and down they are the same length as I am holding both and trying to show them they are not.Finally a couple of guys come out and say that this happens all the time when people dont measure their shafts right.I tell them that I gave them the old shaft and that I was there to pick up both shafts.Another quick conference and the old bastard behind the counter says he can fix the shaft but will have to charge me an additional $55.Do yourselves a favor and stear clear of these jokers.

I had a very similar issue with them... I bought a custom drive shaft... spent a fucking mint on it... was told it was balanced.... put it on the car, the car shaked like crazy, they still said it was fine, I ended up going somewhere else having them check out the driveshaft, then went back to driveline to fix it.... this was several years ago so I have a feeling this isn't just because they had a new guy in the back.