Good reason not to street race

Rob1647545496

no i didn't i just didn't spell out his history for everyone he started racing when he was 8.

or are you trying to be funny because your not a lewis hamilton fan ;)

Fan'ship has nothing to do with it. He's been racing since he was a lad, but he has never spent very long in one place. He does not have gobs of experience where he raced yet he still wins. Then you have guys like Rubens and Jarno who have experience and had some measure of talent and never quite turned it into anything.

If you want to use the experience argument, use some one older. ;)

http://www.motorsport-design.com/Images/Hans%20Stuck%20ABSS.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed is what kills. Bottom line. Granted you can wreck at any speed but the end result will be far less drastic. Lets say loosing control and boucing off a gaurd rail at 60 mph as apposed to 130. Chances of you living are much greater at 60 rather than 130. When you mix speed and poor judgement usually bad things arise.

Honestly bobby lee your 23 and drive a scion? Have you drove anything mentioned in this thread???? I mean reallyav I know people that cand handle very powerful cars at a young age! So the whole rape pilahr and whatever you said is nonsense! But thatd just me!! :mad:

Honestly bobby lee your 23 and drive a scion? Have you drove anything mentioned in this thread???? I mean reallyav I know people that cand handle very powerful cars at a young age! So the whole rape pilahr and whatever you said is nonsense! But thatd just me!! :mad:

I know young, mature people that can handle high powered machines as well. There are always exceptions. The problem is that I've seen way more young Marines come back from a war zone, buy a (insert fast car here) with their non-taxed deployment money, and then kill themselves or their buddies here at home on America's roadways. Statistics show that Marines are actually safer in Afghanistan and Iraq then anytime they are in a vehicle here at home. This is a huge problem...

Fan'ship has nothing to do with it. He's been racing since he was a lad, but he has never spent very long in one place. He does not have gobs of experience where he raced yet he still wins. Then you have guys like Rubens and Jarno who have experience and had some measure of talent and never quite turned it into anything.

If you want to use the experience argument, use some one older. ;)

http://www.motorsport-design.com/Images/Hans%20Stuck%20ABSS.jpg

or Jackie Stewart or Ron Fellows :)

I know young, mature people that can handle high powered machines as well. There are always exceptions. The problem is that I've seen way more young Marines come back from a war zone, buy a (insert fast car here) with their non-taxed deployment money, and then kill themselves or their buddies here at home on America's roadways. Statistics show that Marines are actually safer in Afghanistan and Iraq then anytime they are in a vehicle here at home. This is a huge problem...

most of those deaths are drunk driving.

For the people talking about it being a 'Vette, I was 18 when I bought the Cobra. I raced it a lot, and beat the Rob's car. Why does the type of car matter? I mean come on, mine is just a Mustang...

For the people talking about it being a 'Vette, I was 18 when I bought the Cobra. I raced it a lot, and beat the Rob's car. Why does the type of car matter? I mean come on, mine is just a Mustang...

yea but the pulley wasn't enough you had to spray it ;) i need to fix that vid too cuz the info is wrong. what all did you have done at the time. and that was some of the closest racing i've had. we need to rent that airstrip again.

yea but the pulley wasn't enough you had to spray it ;) i need to fix that vid too cuz the info is wrong. what all did you have done at the time. and that was some of the closest racing i've had. we need to rent that airstrip again.

I thought we ran later once I sorted some stuff out off spray? Hell, i dunno, it's been a long time.

If it was when I remember:

2.8 upper pulley

CAI

Catted x-pipe

Catback

Shitty predator tune

The spray was weird then (possibly due to the worst tune possible). I know you beat me then I had to stop and change jets around to get rid of some fuel.

I thought we ran later once I sorted some stuff out off spray? Hell, i dunno, it's been a long time.

If it was when I remember:

2.8 upper pulley

CAI

Catted x-pipe

Catback

Shitty predator tune

The spray was weird then (possibly due to the worst tune possible). I know you beat me then I had to stop and change jets around to get rid of some fuel.

it amazed me the difference it made for not having much done the stock red cobra just completely disapeared.

it amazed me the difference it made for not having much done the stock red cobra just completely disapeared.

Definitely fun times. Easily some of the best racing I've done.

most of those deaths are drunk driving.

Negative. Majority are not alcohol related. Besides, drunk driving is a perfect example of why young people shouldn't drive vehicles beyond their experience level. If they can't handle their booze, they sure as hell can't be expected to handle serious horsepower or size.

Negative. Majority are not alcohol related. Besides, drunk driving is a perfect example of why young people shouldn't drive vehicles beyond their experience level. If they can't handle their booze, they sure as hell can't be expected to handle serious horsepower or size.

Are you retarded? That is a serious question. How do you plan to relate those two things?

you beat me to it and proove that more young soldiers coming home die from fast cars then die from alcohol related incidents.

This is taken from the PDC-09 OPNAVINST 5100.12H CH-1 Brief at

http://safetycenter.navy.mil/ashore/motorvehicle/index.asp

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o425/leerbowden/Random/Stat.jpg

Seems pretty straight forward to me. Cars don't kill people. Its the mistakes that they make while behind the wheel that lead to fatalities. Inexperience and immaturity heightens the likelihood that mistakes will occur while driving. Coupling it with booze makes it doubly worse.

So my 23 old marine friend. I bet you have gotten pretty fucking drunk before. Right? You shouldn't be expected to handle your EOD job, gun or being a marine. This entire thread is fail. All you people are so quick to make your opinions. Not you rob and a few other. People should just not race on the street, but that is not going to happen.

Oh yea Dover your car has 000000 RWHP..If you ever wreck your car I would never tell this site. They may take your car from you

Yep, I've been shit faced before. Never gotten behind the wheel of a car though. By "can't handle their booze," I was referring to their inability to make sound judgement calls in regards to vehicles. Belligerence, vomitting, and bar fights are a different topic.