Ryan's motor build H/C/I

Ryan218

Guest Removed

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_3202.jpg

well how you going to have cam bearings put in if you pick it up? plus you still have to clean it. or am i doing all the block prep.

oh and bring moneyz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_3202.jpg

well how you going to have cam bearings put in if you pick it up? plus you still have to clean it. or am i doing all the block prep.

oh and bring moneyz

meant more so as bring the stuff which im going to do here in a few.

at the moment im debating on either smoothing the einge bay. or just cleaning it up and a fresh coat of paint. i need to have some rust fixxed and its either buy a welder or pay someone to do it. hm choices choices.

just drop the car off :)

i want to get some sub frames welded in and im not sure if the welder ill be using can handle the inner fender rail that needs patched, know it can handle the holes but i want the patch to hold lol. if i can find a trailer i will be doing that.

ok well i started stripping the engine bay tonight. now ive run out of primer so a little over half the bay is primmed with one coat. its 5am parts stores dont open till 7am. so at 6 im going to go get breakfest then get back at it!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/0714091622.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/0715090227.jpg

i can now see im an idiot. the place that painted the car back in 01 sprayed rubber under coating over the rusty frame rail on the driver side and did a hillby repair. its really bad the more i dug into it. bad enough to where a few hard lauches at the track with the new motor and it wouldnt suprise me if the k-member wouldnt of ripped away from the car. the passenger side is perfect. of course thats what happen when a car sits under a car port for 90% of its life with the passenger side to the house and drive side exposed. right now. i really dont know what to do.

to fix it im going to have to drop the k-member and get it out of the way. so i highly doubt the car will see the road untill spring of 2010 now.

Guest Removed
i can now see im an idiot. the place that painted the car back in 01 sprayed rubber under coating over the rusty frame rail on the driver side and did a hillby repair. its really bad the more i dug into it. bad enough to where a few hard lauches at the track with the new motor and it wouldnt suprise me if the k-member wouldnt of ripped away from the car. the passenger side is perfect. of course thats what happen when a car sits under a car port for 90% of its life with the passenger side to the house and drive side exposed. right now. i really dont know what to do.

to fix it im going to have to drop the k-member and get it out of the way. so i highly doubt the car will see the road untill spring of 2010 now.

i can cut the out rail out and replace the rail with 2x3 box tubing.

just did this on a buddies 79 capri, but on that one we had to do both sides

no way to get it there.

ill see what i can pull off. if the k member has to be dropped to fix this ill rent a trailer or something and bring it to you. i have monday off so thats when ill be tearing into it.

ive seen alo worse but its frustrating for a true 48k car. passenger side is preferct. thats what happens when its sit under a car port for 19ish years of it life till i bought it.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/0720090058.jpg

Edited by Ryan218

yeah, i may start going at it tomm and atleast sand blast the area to see how bad it truly is and what all metal is bad.

this thing better run 13's when its finished or its getting parked untill it runs 12's lol.

stand by rob. uploading pics of outside of frame rail on the same side.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/0720090059a.jpg

io know pics suck but im using my cell here since i broke my digital.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/0720090059b.jpg

Guest Removed

is that the lower part of the frame rail there in the last pic?

dude..not cool

may want to start looking for another body!

hate to say it, but if the lower rail is that bad...start looking for a new body..or a donro car for all the metal on that side..

find one with the passenger side rusted out

is that the lower part of the frame rail there in the last pic?

dude..not cool

may want to start looking for another body!

hate to say it, but if the lower rail is that bad...start looking for a new body..or a donro car for all the metal on that side..

find one with the passenger side rusted out

yeah its just starting there. i love this car and want to fix it. not junk it.

there no way its going to see the road this year now. absolutely no way in hell. i still have to get the heads machines and all new valve train. still have all the **** left to buy for the top end so an easy 600 worth of ****. and now add on having to drop the k member cutting the thing up and all this crap. oh and another aliment now because im sure theres no way im going to get it back into the same spot.

i havent touched the pos all week. nor do i plan to anytime soon!

find a cleaner body!

might be cheaper!

that's not a option here. nor do i want to. its the fact that i dont have a welder. nor do i know how to weld thats gonna mess this part of it up. i dont have a trailer to even take it anyway to have it fixed. and i doubt i can even afford to pay someone to fix the rails for me. because im sure its not cheap.

that's not a option here. nor do i want to. its the fact that i dont have a welder. nor do i know how to weld thats gonna mess this part of it up. i dont have a trailer to even take it anyway to have it fixed. and i doubt i can even afford to pay someone to fix the rails for me. because im sure its not cheap.

Save money take it to rob the car will come back looking brand new where it was bad end of discussion.

Guest Removed

dont need a trailer..i can have a tow truck come get it...