I need some help from the DSM guys here

Dammit Charlie

I recently did a custom A2A intercooler on my 1998 Mustang GT, this is vortech car. For a bypass valve I used a stock 1g, uncrushed bypass valve.My problem is I am only hitting 4 psi of boost, and can find no leaks in the system at all. I have the correct pulley on the car to hit 8psi of boost.

I'm wondering what the chances are that the stock 1g valve that I am using is bleeding off boost. Is it common?

Not common, but it could be. Have you checked for boost leaks in other places? My money is betting that it is not the BOV, but rather a small leak in a different location (TB, coupler, intake mani, etc..).

That's what I was wondering, but I sprayed down all the key possible places with carb cleaner to see if it would bog or anything. Nothing. I'm going to try swapping the valve out with one a coworker has that says works. I'm going to try to stick a crushed 1g this time.

That's what I was wondering, but I sprayed down all the key possible places with carb cleaner to see if it would bog or anything. Nothing. I'm going to try swapping the valve out with one a coworker has that says works. I'm going to try to stick a crushed 1g this time.

The most effective way to find a boost leak is to make your own tester. Then, you can pressurize the system and listen for leaks. The carb cleaner trick will not work if it is a small/tiny leak. You will likely only find the leak with the engine off and the system pressurized.

The most effective way to find a boost leak is to make your own tester. Then, you can pressurize the system and listen for leaks. The carb cleaner trick will not work if it is a small/tiny leak. You will likely only find the leak with the engine off and the system pressurized.

just get some pvc pipe and get a end that screws on. Put a valve stem on the end with the cap. Set your air compressor regulator to what psi you will run. Fill system with air listen to leak

That's what I was wondering, but I sprayed down all the key possible places with carb cleaner to see if it would bog or anything. Nothing. I'm going to try swapping the valve out with one a coworker has that says works. I'm going to try to stick a crushed 1g this time.[/QUOTE]

I have seen plently of crushed 1g bov's not work properly under 15 pounds. Above that they work fine, but when you crush it it makes it to hard for some of them to release the pressure.

Edit: on your uncrushed bov press the spring in on the bottom to make sure the spring is still good. It should be fairly hard to push in.