transfer case seal for '98 Blazer 4x4

smokin5s

so I was replacing the axle last night and noticed that the transfer case seal was leaking, so I pulled the old seal out, but surprisingly EVERY seal that Advanced, Autozone, NAPA, and Pepboys sells do not match what I pulled out.

so I guess my question is, is there anywhere local that I can order the correct seal?

The seal I pulled out was a sabo seal. (which I did send an email out to)

numbers on the seal are

40003162 or 7217

any help would be appriciated!

Too bad I am not up there. I KNOW I could find it.

I have actually run into this before with a 97 or 98 Blazer. I went back to a 95 model in the computer and found it. I cannot guarantee that it will work, but give it a shot.

it's the seal on the drivers sidee that is pressed into the transfer case, then the drivers side front axle slides into it... if my dumbass wouldn't have left my camera at my inlaws, I would take a picture and post it.

Tell you what, if you have not found one by tomorrow then I will PM you my number. I will try every trick I can to find you the seal that you need. I think this can be done from 100 miles away. Hopefully, I will be able to provide you with a part number that can be picked up at any Advance. Keep me posted.

uhhh thats not the transfer case and thats why they cant't find the seal you need to ask for a front axle shaft seal and they will give you the right one

Ah geez. I totally missed that. Me = Pwnd

Good job Dave. Sounds like I need to get out of auto parts :(