High Beam Indicator stays lit even if my truck is off (03 Silverado)

FourString

I just walked by my Silverado and noticed that the High Beam Indicator is staying lit. I haven't even driven the truck for a few hours. Do I have a short? I noticed it dimly flickering the other day in the corner of my eye, but by the time it caught my full attention it went off. I thought I was seeing shit so I shrugged it off until now. The truck is off, locked, and has been sitting for a few hours now. The light is lit up bright.

Is there a TSB on this by any chance?

03 Silverado 5.3 Z71 with 75,000 miles.

Wow, that's very strange. Can you normally turn on your high beams with the switch while the truck is turned off?

Just went to look.

As soon as I unlocked the door with the remote, I saw the light go off. I opened the door and it started randomly going on and off. No steady pattern, just completely random. When it does come on, it stays on for at least 4 or 5 seconds. I was able to turn on the high beams with the key off only by pulling he switch toward me (flash to pass). They would not come on with the switch pushed away (steady on). With the key on, the high beams operated in both "flash to pass" and "steady on". I believe this is normal operation.

I am starting to think I have a short. Though, I haven't got a clue where to start. I can only HOPE there is a TSB on this.

I'm thinking about it. I am also wondering now if there is simply a short within the cluster itself. I will try to find time this weekend to pull the cluster and look for a problem. Luckily a have a little experience with circuit boards so I should be able to identify an issue if I see one.

Some customers of all 2003-2004 model year and certain U.S. 2005 model year Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, and Tahoe; and GMC Sierra, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles have reported that one or more of the instrument panel (IP) cluster gauges stick, flutter, or become inoperative. This may cause inaccurate readings, including the speedometer and fuel gauge.

This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 7 years or 70,000 miles (110,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

your sol. there around 400

Some customers of all 2003-2004 model year and certain U.S. 2005 model year Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, and Tahoe; and GMC Sierra, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles have reported that one or more of the instrument panel (IP) cluster gauges stick, flutter, or become inoperative. This may cause inaccurate readings, including the speedometer and fuel gauge.

This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 7 years or 70,000 miles (110,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

your sol. there around 400

Figures. Looks like I need to start saving up.

Thanks for the info man.