ranger Q's

Dave1647545494

what year did rangers switch from I beam front end to control arm style front end?

this truck is lowered a bunch close to 6inches and I know its going to ride like shit I can also gain enough room to put an oil filter right on the motor if I go to control arms and rack n pinion over the gearbox

any info weblinks ideas appreciated

thanks

Guest Removed

i have a 99 or 2000 sitting here with the a arm front end(thinking those are the first years for it) you can buy a kit to put a mustang 2 front end under it but that gets up there in price due to the swap cross member and a arm mounts alone run 450 & up, but as far as putting the newer stuff under your's, you have to swap out the complete front frame section. hence why i got this one for bobby's BBF. he had the older one and went 3 different way trying to get rid of the i beam shit, but now i have the fix for him.

he said you can get the complete frame from the yard and swap your body over onto it, but the yard will nickel and dime you to death on the front end parts alone.

Guest Removed
can't make it this weekend :(

I do need to get under one at some point after its moving under its own power and take measurements I'll make late model stuff fit my frame if street rodders can do it I can too :)

frame is close...just cut the front clip off and weld it to yours...only way of doing it.

the 2 front frame sections are completely different. trust me. me and bobby have been thru it.

Guest Removed
found a kit with after market cast I beams that lower it right for reasonable might pick them up if it drives bad

for that kind of money just get tubular drop beams...my dude might have a set to sell...i'll ask when he picks this ranger up

I'm going to see how it rides and how the alignment works out

I have bushings that do up too 4 degrees of camber on a ford, but I'm not sure its enough I'm going to need to c- notch the frame too if I leave the axle flipped

if my stupid fucking garage was 10 feet wider and 5 feet deeper this shit would be easy :(

Guest Removed
camber angle should be fixxed in the beam(the aftermarket ones) then only shim them to correct it..but i havent seen to many that where very spot on.