No AC or Fans in 98 Monte Carlo 3.1

ShoMeSomeFun

I have a 98 Monte Carlo that I haven't driven lately but with my other car out of service for awhile a need to start driving it.

Today I changed oil and filters, car runs good. However, the AC compressor does not kick on. I think this might be due to there being little or no freon.

My main concern is why the fans don't kick on. Even when I turn the air control knob to have AC or defrost on the secondary fan doesn't even kick on.

I have replaced all relays, and ran a hot and ground directly to fans to see if they kick on, they do, and put a new tempature sensor in. So why wouldn't neither of my fans kick on?

Also if the compressor doesn't kick on does that mean my secondary fan won't come on either?

A coolant temperature switch activates the fan motors. This switch regulates voltage to the cooling fan relay. This switch operates the fan whenever the engine coolant temperature exceeds 110°C (230°F) . For location and diagnosis, refer to Diagrams. A transducer can also activate the circuit, depending on the A/C compressor head pressure going to the condenser.

Guest Removed

no, both fans come on in low speed, when it see's 230 temps.

fans just dont run all the time. and if the a/c wont come on, then it nots going to make the fans come on