Dear GM,

AJ

the Camaro SS LS3 with a manual trans is a tank. it feels like it pulls as hard as driving a tahoe. we attempted to turn on the launch control and did just as the book said and it never worked for us. it could really use a higher rear gear to wake it up out of a turn. went pretty harrd into a turn that should have been a 3rd gear turn but the car felt boged down like it could have used 2nd gear even though we were doing about 50ish. even my passenger said something about how it felt like i needed 2nd gear.

we did do a standing start and there wasn't much wheel spin and we didn't get any wheel hop. ran it up to about 85-90 and it gets there pretty quick for as heavy as it is. then got pretty hard on the brakes, the brembos stop with ease and tracks pretty straight.

so drag racing it could use some more gear and road tracking the car it could also use more gear. that should be mod #1.

exhaust wise, the car sounds good at WOT. i was kinda surprised how loud it was for stock. just crusing around you can't really tell its running untill you tip in with it in 6th gear at 60 and hear/feel it bog some. i'm suposed to install what they told me was a SLP loud mouth and headers in the next few weeks. if it happens i'll report back on how it sounds.

this would be the 3rd camaro i've driven, 1 v6, 1 auto SS, 1 manual SS

TR6060 six-speed manual (SS)

Gear ratios (:1):

First: 3.01

Second: 2.07

Third: 1.43

Fourth: 1.00

Fifth: 0.84

Sixth: 0.57

Reverse: 3.28

Final drive ratio: 3.45

08 vette

1 2.97

2 2.07

3 1.43

4 1.0

5 .71

6 .57

FD 3.42

c5z

1 2.97

2 2.07

3 1.43

4 1.0

5 .84

6 .56

FD 3.42

must just be because of the weight and the 21" wheels

camaro 3,857 lbs. vette 3,246 lbs. my car 3,120 lbs.