mr2 question

Moostang

so what would be the best swap on a mr2

if you wanna swap a ls1 into somethign small mid engine an rwd.. get a fiero, starkmaster on here is gonna do it eventually, an some one else on here one with a 350 or a 383 then swapped a supercharged 3800

if you wanna swap a ls1 into somethign small mid engine an rwd.. get a fiero, starkmaster on here is gonna do it eventually, an some one else on here one with a 350 or a 383 then swapped a supercharged 3800

i have looked into the fieros paul and I kind of like it. I just have the need to do something different.

I have a lot of MR2 experience...for a 2nd gen I know that you can fit a newer 3.3L Camry V6 ($1000 for motor) and also an Eaton M45 Supercharger too :D ....

Yea i did some research and thats what I think Im going to do. Im Probably going to buy the mr2 and do the work over the winter. Hopefully it would be ready come spring time

If I were you I would get an account on mr2oc.com, it is the best website hands down for MR2's. There you will find any and all information you are looking for. The site is huge because it is a worldwide site and all countries are super active on the site. There is a section for Michigan and Ohio people that is fairly active with people in Central Ohio.

The 3.0L swap is really neat there was a huge project write up from a guy that put ITB's on it upon other things to make 300 N/A hp, he then twin turboed the car. It is in the V6 section of the forum somewhere.

The only major successful V8 swaps that are documented are in MKI's.

The 2.2L 5sfe N/A motor you can spend 5K and almost make 200hp, the N/A 3sge makes 170-200 N/A hp and also take a shit ton of money to build. These are NOT cheap cars to build with the factory Toyota motor options. Even the 3.0L V6 takes a ton of money to build some people say minimum of 5K to complete the swap without modding the motor. TRD superchargers are stupid money 5K alone on ebay.

I thought it would be interesting to see a 4g63 MR2, just tossing it out there w/o thinking about how it mounts or anything. Otherwise buy a turbo 3sgte and go from there for the cheapest fast MR2 route.

PM me with any specific questions anytime, I would be more than happy to give you my opinion, or answer any questions I can. I have done a bunch of the research and hvae decided to make my car a cornering car, which it was built for, not a straight line car.

Yea i did some research and thats what I think Im going to do. Im Probably going to buy the mr2 and do the work over the winter. Hopefully it would be ready come spring time

That would be really nice to see. I've seen the 3.3L swap done into a 3rd gen MR2 and even though it was still n/a it was really cool and felt like it had a very good power band for the car.

That would be really nice to see. I've seen the 3.3L swap done into a 3rd gen MR2 and even though it was still n/a it was really cool and felt like it had a very good power band for the car.

Im not a big fan of the 3rd gens I think they look gross. but now I just need to find a 2nd gen mr2 shell let me know if you see anything