anyone have experiance with transfering a patient between hospitals?

thorne

My dad is in Hillsboro Ohio at the local hospital there for major issues with his Chrohns Disease and he now has pneumonia. He already had palatalization in one of his lungs from a while back and now his o2 levels are dropping to 70% or lower.

We don't feel he is being monitored like he should and we have a local gastro at Mnt Carmel West.

I'm calling Dr Brand now but I'm just not sure the entire process and my mom is kinda frantic atm.

You are going to have to hire a private ambulance and medics to do the transfer. It can get very expensive. It was going to cost 25g's to take my Aunt from Canal Winchester to Killen, Tx.

My Uncle is retired fire fighter from Killen and ended up getting 2 medics and an ambulance through some friends and they did the trip for gas and expenses.

Maybe you know someone?

My dad is in Hillsboro Ohio at the local hospital there for major issues with his Chrohns Disease and he now has pneumonia. He already had palatalization in one of his lungs from a while back and now his o2 levels are dropping to 70% or lower.

We don't feel he is being monitored like he should and we have a local gastro at Mnt Carmel West.

I'm calling Dr Brand now but I'm just not sure the entire process and my mom is kinda frantic atm.

After the Boys were born one of the have issues with Necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC) and was transferred to Childerns due to them being better equipped to address the issues. There would have to be a medical need to have the transfer done. Although After Emerson was transferred over to Childrens Evan and Elliott were brought over a week later but there was no medical need it just made it easier for us not having to go back and forth between hospitals and for that transfer we never received a bill.

Call a private ambulance company and see what the price is, then talk to the insurance co and see what they are willing to cover. This is normal though, friend of mine has been an EMT for years for various ambulance companies in WV, and he's constantly hauling people up to here.

we had to do this with my dad.... it was completely covered after we showed proof he wasn't being taken care of the way he should be.

Exactly. We had my mother transferred from St Annes to OSU and insurance covered it 100%. Just ask.

-Marc

OMFG.

I want to know if a DR is on call and a patient is to be transfered to there care do they have to go to work? The DR in Hillboro felt he should be watched since he can't go to the bathroom for over a week now and his o2 levels keep dipping low.

So he signed out of the hospital last night to come home and go see dr brand. It's bullshit imho. I honestly think that Dr ***** just didn't want to go to the office last night. Since it took him over 2 pages just to call back.

Edited by Thorne