4th annual Ohio IMPORT FACE-OFF race and show...

HybridMT

NOS Energy Drink's IMPORT FACE-OFF presented by John Hinderer Honda will be back to Ohio on Sunday, August 30th at National Trail Raceway from 12pm to 7pm. $6000+ in cash and trophies will be awarded to car show and race contestants. Activities will include: car/truck/bike show, 1/4 mile drag racing, Hot Body contest, Usaci Stereo crank it up contest, burnout contest, DJs, vendors, giveaways, etc. FREE competition vouchers are given to contestants who travel from 200+ miles away (must preregister to receive free pass). For free voucher registration and series info, visit http://www.IMPORTFACEOFF.net

2009 IMPORT FACE-OFF dates (tentative)

January 18 - Houston, TX - Houston Raceway Park (5th annual)

January 25 - Gainesville, FL - Gainesville Raceway

February 8 - Tucson, AZ - Southwestern International Raceway (2nd annual)

February 22 - Palm Beach, FL - Palm Beach International Raceway

March 15 - Commerce, GA - Atlanta Dragway

March 29 - Belle Rose, LA - No Problem Raceway (9th annual)

April 19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Thunder Valley Raceway (6th annual)

May 3 - Kansas City, MO - Kansas City International Raceway (6th annual)

May 31- Montgomery, AL - Montgomery Motorsports Park (7th annual)

June 13 - Gainesville, FL - Gainesville Raceway

July 12 - Crofton, MD - Capitol Raceway

July 25 - Shreveport, LA - Thunder Road Raceway Park (6th annual)

August 1 - Houston, TX - Houston Raceway Park (5th annual)

August 30 - Columbus, OH - National Trail Raceway (4th annual)

September 6 - Kansas City, MO - Kansas City International Raceway (6th annual)

September 20 - Tulsa, OK - Tulsa Raceway Park (3nd annual)

October 4 - Baton Rouge, LA - State Capitol Raceway (5th annual)

October 11 - Tampa, FL - Bradenton Motorsports Park

October 18 - Commerce, GA - Atlanta Dragway

November 1 - Montgomery, AL - Montgomery Motorsports Park (7th annual)

November 8 - Dallas, TX - Texas Motorplex (4th annual)

December 13 - San Antonio, TX - San Antonio Raceway (6th annual)

COMPETITION DRAG CLASSES AND PAYOUTS

SPEC Clutches and Flywheels FWD Quick 8 $1200 (FWD 4 cyl only, slicks and open exhaust OK)

Forced Performance Street Class Quick 8 $1000 (FWD, RWD, or AWD 4/6 cyl or rotary only, DOT tires and muffler required)

Hybrid Racing All Motor Quick 4 $500 (F/R/AWD 4/6 cyl or rotary, n/a engines only, slicks OK for FWD only, open exhaust OK)

Cobb Tuning Outlaw Quick 4 $500 (any import or domestic sport compact body/engine)

Bracket 14.99 and Faster $200 presented by Altered Atmosphere (any import or domestic sport compact)

Bracket 15.00 and Slower $200 (any import or domestic sport compact)

Motorcycle Bracket $200 (any motorcycle of import origin)

EVENT PRICES:

Spectator $15 with flier (reg $17) ok to print flier below off computer

Test and Tune Racer $25 (open to any make/model)

Competition Racer $25 (imports/sport compacts only)

Car show entry $25

We need help passing out fliers. If anyone would like to help, please email your name and mailing address to hybridentertainment78@yahoo.com Promoters are assigned a number and are paid on commission, $2 for every flier that comes in with your number on it. Spectators bring in the fliers because of the $2 off admission coupon. Checks are mailed out within a week after the event. The program pays well if you get enough fliers out. There are successful, repeat promoters every year at every location.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/HybridMT/columbusfront2009.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/HybridMT/columbusback2009.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started POURING right as they were going to start eliminations. :(

Looking forward to seeing that blue Yota.

Yea, we made the call that morning to bag the trip down after looking at the weather. Too bad Ohio doesn't have weather like out here in Palo Alto, CA.....it never rains out here. :)

Not having stringent emissions is pretty nice though. :p

Might end up making my way out west eventually, Arizona has been looking pretty nice.

We take for granted that Ohio practically let's you plate and mirror a rail. I would get pulled over around here for having just an intake on my S4...hence why I may need to sell the Z06 and S4 if my firm makes me move out here. Street racing is pretty rare unless you count a middle aged guy in a stock 360 or 996tt flooring it on an on-ramp. This is road course country....no one is really into drag racing.

• 3 weeks later...

The class structures and names have been changed a bit for the IFO series. Most importantly, there are two new “SPORT” heads up classes for the budget racers who are tired of bracket racing. These two new classes are becoming very popular and are typically filled with 11 to 13 second street cars. Registration is only $25 and starts at 11am, first round of qualifying at 1pm. http://www.ImportFaceOff.net

ALL MOTOR SPORT - $300 payout - .400 heads up pro tree for n/a 4/6 cyl or rotary oem frame imports/sport compacts. Full interior, exhaust, current tags, and registration required. Slicks allowed for FWD only, lexan prohibited.

FORCED INDUCTION SPORT - $300 payout - .400 heads up pro tree for 4/6 cyl or rotary oem frame imports/sport compacts. Full interior, exhaust, current tags, and registration required. Slicks allowed for FWD only, lexan prohibited. Presented by Forced Performance.

The other usual classes are...

ALL MOTOR PRO - $500

FORCED INDUCTION PRO (the old Street Class) - $1000

FWD - $1200

OUTLAW - $500

BRACKET - $200

TEST AND TUNE - $0

Is anything going to be done different this year to get the cars tech'd in faster? Not having NTR open their gates until 11:00 and having qualifying at 1:00p is ridiculous. Last year, we were one of the first cars through the gate but we still could not get our car through tech fast enough. Basically, they called qualifying and nobody could even come to the staging lanes yet.

It would be nice if NTR could open the gates an hour or 2 early to let the trailered cars get unloaded and tech'd in so that people can actually see the fast cars during qualifying.

We'll make sure no delays with NTR tech, has never been a problem at other tracks. I can't remember what took them so long last year. Did they show up late or were they just extremely thorough?

Yes they were late. They almost always are. I wouldn't use the word thorough as much as just generally slow.

I have been to the last 4 years eveytime I have a decent time here, but I have a question? I have looked at videos on youtube and watched events at other citys, how come columbus seem's so lame compared to the others? I am being serious is it just because the other citys are bigger with better car scenes?

• 2 weeks later...