FS. 2000 Trans Am w/ram air

V8 Beast

Saw this at Dan Tobin while working out a deal for a new car.

http://www.dantobin.com/VehicleDetails/439264853

Under 50k miles, Black, sticker price is $12999 but as eager as they seemed to get business you could definitely talk them down. The rear bumper at some point in times was hit and is slightly out of line... which means you have a bargaining chip.

Someone that knew what they were doing could leave there with a car and a warranty for under 11k. They mark it up in purpose to get the idiots... I thought you guys knew how stealerships worked :confused:

Heres how it works...

Suggested resale value is $11,500 for a trans am in excellent condition. They are using the ws6 value because it has the hood and are marking the price up. If you point out through the vin thats its not a ws6 then show the suggested resale value minus the rear defects you leave with a car for well under 11k.

Someone that knew what they were doing could leave there with a car and a warranty for under 11k. They mark it up in purpose to get the idiots... I thought you guys knew how stealerships worked :confused:

Heres how it works...

Suggested resale value is $11,500 for a trans am in excellent condition. They are using the ws6 value because it has the hood and are marking the price up. If you point out through the vin thats its not a ws6 then show the suggested resale value minus the rear defects you leave with a car for well under 11k.

You might want to get your facts right before you go accusing anyone of wrong doing.

1) This car is a genuine ws6. It was sold new at Hadocy and if you pull the build sheet on GMVIS it shows the WS6 package as original equipment.

2) The tail light was busted out by one of our techs swinging a wrench around and not paying attention. We figured we'd let the customer determine whether they wanted a better deal or a fixed car.

You might want to get your facts right before you go accusing anyone of wrong doing.

1) This car is a genuine ws6. It was sold new at Hadocy and if you pull the build sheet on GMVIS it shows the WS6 package as original equipment.

2) The tail light was busted out by one of our techs swinging a wrench around and not paying attention. We figured we'd let the customer determine whether they wanted a better deal or a fixed car.

wow... are all your techs this careless?

I LOL @ U Read it on http://www.truestory.com or even better the a sales person told me it wasnt a ws6. Sorry for trusting a sales person thats in charge of selling the car.

So why is the rear bumber out of line with the car? Did your other tech back the car into a wall or does the guy really swing a wrench that hard?

I LOL @ U Read it on http://www.truestory.com or even better the a sales person told me it wasnt a ws6. Sorry for trusting a sales person thats in charge of selling the car.

I am one of the sales people in charge of selling that vehicle. One thats worked there longer than whoever told you that. Whatever moron told you that was DEAD WRONG and shouldn't be allowed to talk to customers. Feel free to stop by the dealership again so I can pull the build sheet from DealerWorld again.

I am one of the sales people in charge of selling that vehicle. One thats worked there longer than whoever told you that. Whatever moron told you that was DEAD WRONG and shouldn't be allowed to talk to customers. Feel free to stop by the dealership again so I can pull the build sheet from DealerWorld again.

I have to agree with Anthony on this one. When I asked if it was a WS6 he should have checked. I have no clue who the guy was, (I've been buying from Dan Tobin for over 8 years) so he had to be new. I dont see any reason for you to lie about what kind of car it is. My point is that is the saleperson doesnt know what he has oI could have very easily used that to my benefit.

Do you work at Dan Tobin? Shoot me a pm... I'm up there all the time and an currently trying to figure out what car I'm getting next. I'll have to stop over and say whats up.