Turbo Kit Price

wagner

Can any of the local shops do something like this:

http://kentuckyturboandperformance.com/photos.html

I am trying to price out if I can do forced induction and want to see if a local shop could do this for the same price or cheaper.

Granted I know just enough about forced induction to be dangerous so any additional help or pointers would be great.

Can any of the local shops do something like this:

http://kentuckyturboandperformance.com/photos.html

I am trying to price out if I can do forced induction and want to see if a local shop could do this for the same price or cheaper.

Granted I know just enough about forced induction to be dangerous so any additional help or pointers would be great.

Once you go turbo you will never go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The way a turbo V8 car pulls feels almost as good as a fine piece of ass.

you sure you remeber how that feels? seeing as you dont get yourturbo cars out much :cool:

That is what worries me! I was looking at stuff on ls1tech then you tube and speed inc. My problem is the addiction I have to things that are loud, fast and dangerous.

I doubt I can afford to do a forced induction build but I want to see if it is possible before I start this project down its path...

shrug, i made my own truck manifold turbo kit a while ago, not to hard.

what are you wanting out of it, and if you have to ask you cant afford, even if you think you can get it on the cheap. a lot of supporting mods and misc parts nickel and dime you to death.

shrug, i made my own truck manifold turbo kit a while ago, not to hard.

what are you wanting out of it, and if you have to ask you cant afford, even if you think you can get it on the cheap. a lot of supporting mods and misc parts nickel and dime you to death.

I don't have the fab skills to do it myself. The supporting mod thing is what worries me and will cost the most. This is a long term project and I would be happy just getting the the kit made up except for the turbo and such to start.

I am asking questions and getting ideas now that way I don't have the car apart for do long or bite off more than I can chew.

Thanks to those who have pm'd me useful info and been helpful keep those sorts of response coming.

I know I will need the following to do any sort of boost set up:

Fuel system upgrade

Tranny beefed up

Ditch the 10 bolt

Tune

Ignition?

Wide Band?

Correct gauges (boost, A/F)

This is a low boost aplication to start with. I know that if I really want to make the big numbers I will need to build a forged bottom end motor.

Guest Removed

you dont have to ditch the 10 bolt if you get anthony to put a jew hexxing on it...

trans will need modded, injectors, pumps, and a returnstyle mod with boost referencing etc....

plus upgrading the managment system to see the boost and correct a/f as needed, but that can be done later etc..

if you really want to go turbo and want to do it the right way with good parts and a good fuel system. id say plan on spending 10,000 to 15,000 for everything.

now thats not to say u couldent skimp on some things and get the prices down. or find great used parts that arent too expensive.

what power level u looking for.

Put a gigantic tranny cooler on and you'll get some time out of your stock tranny. Mine lasted for over five years behind my blower and a 3500 stall.

You'll need injectors, rails, a Walbro in-tank (if not two), return style system, tune, and I'd recommend new valve springs and pushrods. Your ignition is fine.

cheapest Prices of parts you cant really avoid.

Turbo = 700+

wideband = 150+

injectors = 200+

tune = 500+

fuel pump = 150+

maf = 150+

wg + bov = 400+

oil change= 50+

intercooler = 400+

manifolds/hotside piping/coldside = ???

exhaust= 200+

vacuum lines, oil lines, oil drain

things you might need

blanket/wrap/coatings = few hundred

trans = 500+

rear = 1k

clutch/torque = 300

tires = 400

cheapest Prices of parts you cant really avoid.

Turbo = 700+

wideband = 150+

injectors = 200+

tune = 500+

fuel pump = 150+

maf = 150+

wg + bov = 400+

oil change= 50+

intercooler = 400+

manifolds/hotside piping/coldside = ???

exhaust= 200+

vacuum lines, oil lines, oil drain

things you might need

blanket/wrap/coatings = few hundred

trans = 500+

rear = 1k

clutch/torque = 300

tires = 400

Well I think the best bet is not to rush into this. I had read up on ls1tech and I wanted to get some local guys thoughts as well. My fear is halfassing this and cutting to many corners.

I guess I will do the smart thing and take my time and build it the way I want without compromise.

Thank you for keeping me from doing something stupid and making a mistake or 3.

Personally, don't try to go for the cheapest set up around. I understand the thirst for power/speed, but in the long run you'd be better off with professional, tested turbo set up.

http://www.turbotechnologyinc.com/site/

Ummm yea I really see the difference there! My god that is big old monster truck tits nice. When I do the forced induction that might be the set up I use if I go turbo.