Seafoam

thorne

I used it on my Dakota yesterday and... well I haven't driven it yet. BUT the truck has 210K miles on it and after the sefoam tratment it seemed fine. It didn't really somke that bad which I thought was odd since it had so many miles on it. But oh well, I've also heard good things about Marvel Mystery Oil.

Found this from Thorne's last thread asking about Seafoam in March of this year.

Total Sign wrote "Put it in the crank case on 2 cars, both with around 100k miles, both spun rod bearings within 1000 miles."

Yeah I was going to do it then I got rapped up and could not remeber if i had asked. I'm going to buy some this weekend. Do I need to change my oil right afterwards ?

Just don't put the shit in the oil, otherwise sucking it in a vacuum line and dumping some in the tank always seemed to help out. I can't imagine it making a big difference in a car where it has been taken care of, but would be interested in dyno results.

Come to my house and seafoam my stratus please.

It really cleans up any sludge or buildup if you put it in the oil, then run it for about 200 miles and change it. Probably not a good idea to throw it in the oil and go for a track run or beating it up on the street.

Just ran it in the shop for 20 minutes then drove home, wasn't revving that high lol, doesn't take a lot. It will dump almost at idle, let alone 2500K.