HTC Touch Pro

NTHER91

ppcgeeks.com

you dont really need to hack it. there are tons of apps out there. hacking it is somethign you dont want to get into. installing new roms and what not.. you dont need it.

most people hack them to run faster and more efffectively.

on my touch pro i have the following

tom tom 7 ( downloaded it online somewhere, and i use it cause the sprint navi makes you use a data connection to work the gps, meaning no signal no navi, while the tom tom works off GPS only)

Csapiro (app that i can listen to my sirius satelite radio on my phone)

PIM backup - this program is great you can creat a backup of all your contacts, call logs, emails, text messages, etc etc.. you can make a back up whenever you please, you can save the backup file right to your micro sd card that way if your phone takes a shit or you need to do a hard reset you can use the backup file it creates and restore all your contacts, text messages,call logs, emails, etc etc

and thats it.

i dont usually play games or anything on the phone, but you can get some online for free if you look.

my old phone, HTC mogul, i had tons of apps on, but with the touch pro its loaded with most of the stuff i use already, so i didnt have to add much.

^ agreed, a lot of the ROMS I flashed to my 6800 were done in attempt to alleviate the hardware limitations of the device (specifically RAM). From what I've read the Touch Pro doesn't nearly have the same issues. Of course I jumped the winmo ship, so I wouldn't know for sure.

ppcgeeks.com and forum.xda-developers.com.

the following are must haves: Tom Tom (can be found for "free" of ya look hard enough)

iContact a VERY good finger-friendly contact manager

WMWiFi router. Turns your phone into a wifi hot spot that you can connect a laptop/iTouch, etc to.

Microsoft MyPhone. a free program that wirelessly backs up your contacts/sms/email/pics/etc

The latest Opera Mobile Browser