More funny shit from the world of overpriced Mustangs

Kurt B.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelby, Saleen, Roush, they can all suck a dick. I will be the first to appreciate them for what they have all done for Ford, and the Mustang in general, but come on, this is just greed, plain and simple. Shelby does this shit because he can. I've been to his factory out in Vegas, nice place, but seriously, to take a $25k GT, throw some shocks, springs, and a body kit on it and have the nerve to charge $15k over sticker? Capitalism at its best.

Deffinately won't play down the SS what so ever, but I'm pretty impressed with Livernois Motorsports GT800R version that's been running around. Evolution's turbo GT500 is well into the 9's already. I'm more impressed with a tune, intake and exhaust car putting 500RWHP down.

Hell Evo has the 500TT in the 7's now!! The one they put in the 9's, yeah they blew that one up!

Shelby, Saleen, Roush, they can all suck a dick. I will be the first to appreciate them for what they have all done for Ford, and the Mustang in general, but come on, this is just greed, plain and simple. Shelby does this shit because he can. I've been to his factory out in Vegas, nice place, but seriously, to take a $25k GT, throw some shocks, springs, and a body kit on it and have the nerve to charge $15k over sticker? Capitalism at its best.

ADM is absolutely retarded, but for the '07 to '09 they're non-existant right now. So you're calling a GT500 for $38k capitalism? Hardly!

Wait wait wait...they make $80k mustangs? You have got to be shitting me

This is the Super Snake. Let me guess... you didn't know that they make $100k Corvettes either?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye_gbkQZ-w4

i think thats just the msrp....goodluck finding a gt500kr for 80

There are KR's for under $60k right now.

Honestly... if you get a base GT500 for $38 grand, ship it off to SAI in Vegas and have it SS'd (for another 30k or so), you've got a good deal! Even the Ford GT's are selling for less.

I think the moral of the story is... JUST DON'T WRECK THE THING!

ADM is absolutely retarded, but for the '07 to '09 they're non-existant right now. So you're calling a GT500 for $38k capitalism? Hardly!

Sorry I guess I needed to clarify that one, I was actually talking about the regular Shelby Mustangs that were being made, not the GT500's

Sorry I guess I needed to clarify that one, I was actually talking about the regular Shelby Mustangs that were being made, not the GT500's

The Shelby GT's right (SGT)? Yes those are a little different. Still, the SGT package is maybe another $8k, and if you're an enthusiast, it's a small price to pay for something with Carroll's name on it. It adds suspension, a CAI (worth another 20hp), a short throw, and some other cosmetic goodies.

I guess it just really depends on where your pocket book is. I would justify having an SS for $80k, that's for damn sure! More so then I would justify spending $70k for a ZO6.

Z06 will eat a SS alive in the twisties though, much more versatile vehicle overall. Though it probably boils down to what brand you appreciate more, and type of car you were trying to buy.

An SS? No... no it wouldn't. A stock GT500 sure. But an SS?

Maybe I'm wrong than, I don't really know Mustangs, does the SS still have a live rear axle ?

good thing, since you would still owe 100k+ seeing as these go for 200k-300k+

Jesus Christ thats expensive, sorry I'd buy a Ferrari.

Guest tbutera2112

haha i would too...ide take a ferrari over a 429 boss any day....but to some people, the cars are worth it... only made 1,359 of them between 1969 and 1970

Maybe I'm wrong than, I don't really know Mustangs, does the SS still have a live rear axle ?

Oh absolutely, but fitted with Eibach suspension and practically everything else. Now the ZR1 I imagine might outperform a 500SS, but that's not something that we've seen yet. I would LOVE to see that match up. It's very hard to find track info on the 500SS (0-60, g's, 1/4 mile times, etc). But, a Z06 wouldn't compare.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/news.asp?id=15

Of course... if we're talking about the ZR1 and the true performance of both Chevy and Ford... that's when Ford's two-seater (the Ford GT) comes into play.

Guest tbutera2112
Oh absolutely, but fitted with Eibach suspension and practically everything else. Now the ZR1 I imagine might outperform a 500SS, but that's not something that we've seen yet. I would LOVE to see that match up. It's very hard to find track info on the 500SS (0-60, g's, 1/4 mile times, etc). But, a Z06 wouldn't compare.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/news.asp?id=15

Of course... if we're talking about the ZR1 and the true performance of both Chevy and Ford... that's when Ford's two-seater (the Ford GT) comes into play.

you gonna pay the $30k? seems like a steal when the hood alone is 18-24k!