More funny shit from the world of overpriced Mustangs

Kurt B.

Based off this set of #'s the 500SS ran the slalom at around 68mph, and .93 skidpad.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=6056&page_number=2

Very close to Z06 numbers for sure. I think the Z gets has been around 70mph and .9x-1.x on multiple road tests though. I'd very much like to see two really good drivers battle it out.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelby, Saleen, Roush, they can all suck a dick. I will be the first to appreciate them for what they have all done for Ford, and the Mustang in general, but come on, this is just greed, plain and simple. Shelby does this shit because he can. I've been to his factory out in Vegas, nice place, but seriously, to take a $25k GT, throw some shocks, springs, and a body kit on it and have the nerve to charge $15k over sticker? Capitalism at its best.

Nostalgia and the name sake are the big thing. Hell if Berger came out of nowhere he could slap his name on a new Camaro and make a load of cash. The baby boomers love the nostalgia, and remember the name. They'll pay for it, not to mention you can get a warrantied car with all the toys Ford won't install.

Based off this set of #'s the 500SS ran the slalom at around 68mph, and .93 skidpad.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=6056&page_number=2

Very close to Z06 numbers for sure. I think the Z gets has been around 70mph and .9x-1.x on multiple road tests though. I'd very much like to see two really good drivers battle it out.

There we go - thanks Rob. I think they matched an SS against a Hennessey Challenger (I want to say). Haven't been able to find that - the video was deleted. At any rate, yes, the SS is going to be very on par with the Z06.

+1 - I would like to see a comparison with two competent drivers. Why we haven't seen this yet, who knows.

The 2010 GT500SS is going to be something to talk about too, that's for sure!

Nostalgia and the name sake are the big thing. Hell if Berger came out of nowhere he could slap his name on a new Camaro and make a load of cash. The baby boomers love the nostalgia, and remember the name. They'll pay for it, not to mention you can get a warrantied car with all the toys Ford won't install.

Ford warranties the 600hp version of the SS... :D They won't touch the 725hp version for the most part, although I've heard a few owners that have had the TSB completed under warranty...

Boss 429's are worth more than $80K if original ;) A mint, gold-cup car is worth well into the $250K range. De-tuned NASCAR motor made tons of torque, but polyglas tires were worthless.

LOL ... as I have found out. Forgive my ignorance. :)

We'll just get you a whipple. :cool:

I think I'm going to stay fairly conservative with the car right now, especially for warranty concerns. Someday a Whipple or TVS would be nice. I think KB is gearing up to produce a larger s/c as well.

Mod wise it will have a CAI and pulley, and probably just axle back for now, next year. It really needs to be lowered.

We've got a JLT CAI with your name on it here. I sent you a PM too :cool:

I'm sure you do! I'd love to add a CAI, exhaust, pulley, tune... lower it throw razors on there (I love them)... But mannnn the wife ain't having it that's for sure - you don't have to tell me!