College Football has officially started

DaddyBuiltRacing

New poll is a fucking scam. OSU wins by 38 and dops 2 spots? While a team like Oklahoma who lost to unranked at the time Houston moves ahead? They are as big of chokers as tOSU. Im not saying OSU should be top 5 because they aren't that good hoenstly but to drop 2 spots is ridiculous. Michigan should be higher then Georgia and North Carolina too

1 Florida (55) 3-0 1488 1

2 Texas (2) 3-0 1428 2

3 Alabama (3) 3-0 1390 4

4 Mississippi 2-0 1213 5

5 Penn State 3-0 1212 5

6 California 3-0 1169 8

7 LSU 3-0 1120 9

8 Boise State 3-0 1038 10

9 Miami (FL) 2-0 920 20

10 Oklahoma 2-1 862 12

11 Virginia Tech 2-1 852 13

12 USC 2-1 825 3

13 Ohio State 2-1 810 11

14 Cincinnati 3-0 739 17

15 TCU 2-0 674 15

16 Oklahoma State 2-1 478 16

17 Houston 2-0 455 21

18 Florida State 2-1 363 NR

19 Brigham Young 2-1 349 7

20 Kansas 3-0 347 22

21 Georgia 2-1 318 23

22 North Carolina 3-0 271 24

23 Michigan 3-0 247 25

24 Washington 2-1 194 NR

25 Nebraska 2-1 132 19

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oklahoma STATE lost to Houston, not Oklahoma. But Oklahoma did lose to BYU who got absolutely shit stomped yesterday at home by then unranked FSU. Either way, OU shouldn't have been randomly moved ahead of OSU.

The coaches poll is even better though. BYU is still ranked ahead of Florida State who beat them 54-28 yesterday...lol.

Ohio State is the only team I know that can win their games and still drop in the rankings its a bunch of bullshit, they shut out a Toledo team that averaged 40+ points a game....oh well its still early in the season the BCS rankings is what counts Edited by SinisterSS

Yeah my bad got Oklahoma and Oklahoma St crossed up. Either way the polls are a crock of shit and should not come out til around the 5th week. Hell if the polls were really acurate then Michigan would be top 10 since they are undefeated, USC and tOSU would be 24 and 25th-ish and Miami would be #1 since they are the only team in the top 10 to have faced and beat 2 top 25 opponents

Yeah having preseason rankings really hurts teams and favors others heavily. Its all based off last years final game and preseason hype. Let em play a few games and then do a poll. Not to mention you lose early in the year and your in good shape because of the poll, but you lose late in the year and your fucked.

LOL at OSU droping 2 spots after shuting out Toledo. I can't count the number of clueless OSU fans that thought that USC losing was cats meow Sat and Sunday. Not so funny anymore is it?

usc losing is a great thing! all the top ten teams will have a loss, now they can still lose to nd, ucla and maybe even oregon. we needed mich st to beat nd, and not lose to cent mich, if the big ten can step up and only lose in confrence to better teams out 1 loss to usc will still look very good. But that wont happen so we will end up playing usc in the rose bowl. Im not looking past penn st or mich, but if we win out i doubt we go to the champ game, too many big 12 sack riders.

I hope tim tebow does not do well, how ever that may happen.:cool:

usc losing is a great thing! all the top ten teams will have a loss, now they can still lose to nd, ucla and maybe even oregon. we needed mich st to beat nd, and not lose to cent mich, if the big ten can step up and only lose in confrence to better teams out 1 loss to usc will still look very good. But that wont happen so we will end up playing usc in the rose bowl. Im not looking past penn st or mich, but if we win out i doubt we go to the champ game, too many big 12 sack riders.

I hope tim tebow does not do well, how ever that may happen.:cool:

LOL, They have to beat PS in Happy Valley and then Michigan in Ann Arbor, good luck.

No way in hell does tOSU get into the NCG this year. They had better hope and pray they win out and beat everyone by 38+ and just about everyone in front of them lose 2 games. I have a breakdown of how tOSU would sneak into the NCG but I don't think its going to happen. Here it is if your interested:

**Note I wrote this prior to USC losing to Washington and tOSU dropping 2 spots**

Heres how it works:

4 of the top 10 teams are from the SEC and they will all play one another. Atleast 3 of those teams will lose and be out of the top 10.

OSU wins out and lets everything else fall into place

Cal and USC play one another so theres another spot, hopefully its USC that wins this game. Then they have to drop another game to a team such as Stanford, Oregon, Oregon St or ND.

Texas will go against Oklahoma St and Oklahoma. I think they lose to one of those 2 teams. Most likely Oklahoma if Bradford is back.

Boise St and is the wild card here, but I see Boise St staying perfect.

Games of Intrest (highlighted who I think will win:

October 3rd- USC vs Cal & LSU vs UGA

October 10th- Alabama vs Ole Miss & FL vs LSU

October 17th- Oklahoma vs Texas & USC vs ND

October 24th- PSU vs Mich & TCU vs BYU

October 31st- Texas vs Ok St, UGA vs FL & Oregon vs USC

Nov 7th- PSU vs tOSU & LSU vs Bama

Nov 14th- Tenn vs Ole Miss

Nov 21st- tOSU vs Mich, LSU vs Ole Miss

Add in the Big 12 and SEC championship games.

I see Florida running the table leaving them and Boise St as the 2 unbeatens left. However I do not see the voters putting Boise St in the NC game, that means the highest ranked 1 loss team will be there. Having said that if everything works out tOSU should be in position to be that team. Hopefully Penn State is still a top 5 team when tOSU plays and beats them. Also hopefully Michigan is in the top 20 come November

LOL at OSU droping 2 spots after shuting out Toledo. I can't count the number of clueless OSU fans that thought that USC losing was cats meow Sat and Sunday. Not so funny anymore is it?

Doesn't really matter this early in the season.

However, the fact that Oklahoma somehow moved ahead of OSU is a bit puzzling. The team that beat Ohio St. lost by 3 on the road without their best player on defense and their starting QB. The team that beat Oklahoma lost by 26 at home at full strength. Yet, like you said, the USC loss somehow hurt OSU more than the BYU loss hurt OU. Odd logic by the voters but we've got plenty of time to get back into position for a nice at-large BCS spot.

At large spot? Hell just win the big10 and get the automatic bid to the rose bowl. I really don't think the voters are going to give tOSU an at large bid this year, I don't care how much money they bring via fans traveling to the game. Alot of fans on buckeye specific forums have basically given up already and will not be traveling to the bowl game.

Like you said its early in the year, lots of football yet to be played

I agree with just winning the Big 10 for the auto bid but just an FYI - voters have nothing to do with at-large bids past the point of putting a team in a qualifying position for one. If OSU qualifies for an at-large bid and doesn't get the automatic Rose Bowl spot the bowl selection committees are always going to give them a spot. Yeah, a lot of the "miserable," as JT put it, fans whined and complained after the USC game and don't fully support the team anymore but OSU fans will always pack the stadiums they play in. With the size and history of the school there are too many not to. And the selection committees know it.