Sponsors: Looking for front and rear pads for 05 STI

SpaceGhost

I wanted to ask our sponsors what they have in-stock for pads for my car before I hit the net. I am using EBC Red stuff pads and have liked them. I would like something comperable. I hear Hawks are OK.

I also may need my rotors turned, so I may be looking for a shop to turn them as I can bring the rotors in and wait. If they can't be turned I will be looking to purchase Genuine Slotted Brembo rotors for the front.

I already have Fluid and Steel lines to put on. If a shop wants to quote a price for everything and I feel it's more worth it to let you do it for a good price rather than me crawling around the car. let me know.

Cliffs:

Most important right now is my front and rear pads at this point, I need a price and what you have or may sugest. I like low dusting pads, and heat resistant, not really track pads but in-between street and track. I tend to use my brakes, a lot. :)

everything im looking at keeps telling me on the 05's is (exc sti) which is telling me no stuff for the sti.

but they show the same part numbers for 02 up on just about everything, and the rears from 04 up(rears are the same from 00-03)

i'll keep digging.

tho saturday is a bad day to try and price the stuff tho

everything im looking at keeps telling me on the 05's is (exc sti) which is telling me no stuff for the sti.

but they show the same part numbers for 02 up on just about everything, and the rears from 04 up(rears are the same from 00-03)

i'll keep digging.

tho saturday is a bad day to try and price the stuff tho

Rob, Brembo 4 pot Callipers in STI > 02 WRX 2 Pot Calipers. No they don't even come close to taking the same pad.

Rob, Brembo 4 pot Callipers in STI > 02 WRX 2 Pot Calipers. No they don't even come close to taking the same pad.

yeah i know. my other supplier was close by the time you posted this.

and i was skimming my paper catalog's to see what i could find out.

your right, they wouldn't use something as gay as that. cause ford can stop a heavier car using pbr's and 13" rotors.

have you priced replacement calipers yet?

just wait till you need them.

on a side note, you you really need slotted and cross drilled? or just getting them for the looks?

Subaru has a contract on Brembo solids. You can only get them From the "steeler", Brembo Slotted are cheaper than the "steeler" for the same rotor.

And yes I have, they last pair was free from the "steeler" 40k ago. :) I can get these from people on the net that change them out though.

Oh yeah they are gay, :rolleyes: Why would ford want to put in a quality part like Brembo? Bean counters would have to count higher.