Good deal or not?

white01

Guys, I have a chance to trade my current turbo for another unit that is larger. My question is would it be worth the trade? I currently run a PT76GTSH turbo on my lightning. It is a T-4 based turbo with a .96 AR exhaust housing. I run 15# of boost, it dynoed 600/600 at this PSI. This is on a built 5.4 L motor with ported PI heads and turbo cams. The turbo that I can trade for is:

Borg Warner S478 T6 1.10 with the 83mm turbine wheel. It has a 4 inch v band flange welded on the compressor cover and comes with the other flange and clamp. I also bought and will include with the turbo: T6 Flange, 5inch DP Starter/Flange and clamp, oil feed fitting, oil drain fitting and gaskets.

Do you guys think this would be a good swap for my truck? I would like to see more power at the same boost level. I also want to be able to turn up the wick later down the road.

Rich

1st. how high do you rev your truck.

this will come on later and take longer to spoll, but if you dont mind lag and have a nice powerband to spin this thing i would do it.

This.

I would say go for it. You have enough displacement to make usable power and much more power than you did before. How much are you looking to make now?

I've made 700 @ 20 psi....at the same level I would like to see 800 or more. I've been told that this turbo flows around 114 #'s of air compared to the 91#'s my current turbo flows.

9t1GVR4, I spin my truck to around 6200 RPM. It will rev higher and still not loose power but I'm not real happy spinning a 5.4 long stroke motor that high in the RPM's.

Rich