Obama wins Nobel peace prize

Rustlestiltskin

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this in sarcasm font? I'm on my iphone and didnt get the app for that yet.

Well, I don't instantly agree with safer and richer. But, one man failing doesn't mean a worse USA. It takes an astronomical amount of variables and situations for the USA to fail, not one person. Hell, can you really fail as a president anyhow,.... either stuff you want done gets done or it doesn't.

Really, it would be the failure of the USA = the failure of the President, not the other way around. And I don't mean this as-in another depression would mean the president fails(ed) to keep us afloat. I mean it in a way that if the entire United States tanked into third world status, the placement, standing, and meaning of the president would no longer matter or exist as it does today. He would fail, we would fail with him, not because of him.

Well, I don't instantly agree with safer and richer. But, one man failing doesn't mean a worse USA. It takes an astronomical amount of variables and situations for the USA to fail, not one person. Hell, can you really fail as a president anyhow,.... either stuff you want done gets done or it doesn't.

Really, it would be the failure of the USA = the failure of the President, not the other way around. And I don't mean this as-in another depression would mean the president fails(ed) to keep us afloat. I mean it in a way that if the entire United States tanked into third world status, the placement, standing, and meaning of the president would no longer matter or exist as it does today. He would fail, we would fail with him, not because of him.

Well said.

The president takes the main beating because in essence he is the representative that you see on tv that represents and speaks for most of the rest of the government. Again though, look who is leading our government. I think the next election for house seats will be quite interesting. People are just getting fed up.

You see exactly where I am coming from. At the end of the day the President is judged by the condition of our country. If he is a failure that means he failed to deliver on making a better USA. If he does earn the tag of failure then it will more than likely be because our economy didnt improve, wars didnt give the desired outcome, or a bunch of bs issues, laws, etc were passed. We all know there are a bunch of people that make up the government but he gets to take credit for the outcome. He can do the Clinton thing and fail on his own by screwing an ugly chick.. but I was talking about the people hoping he fails to do the things he's promised just so they can say I told you so.

Its obvious that our preceptions of failure are different. To me it doesnt take falling to a third world status to consider his time in office a failure. To me Bush's second term in office was a failure, and not particularly because of what he did. As the President he didnt cause all these people to buy homes they couldnt afford, and produce too many cars while over paying their staff... However, he is the guy that volunteered to take credit for our poor economy.

Edit: So I guess what I am saying is I agree with your logic, but disagree with your opinion on failing.

Edited by V8 Beast

Well, I hope the president's agenda fails....

30+ czars appointed with no oversight, most with some very radical pasts?

Failing to keep us afloat, like spending 4 times what Busch spent and still trying to go for more in less than a year....

Apologizing for the US being a strong country every time he speaks to a foreign audience.....

Talking about our 25% consumption of resources from only 4% of the population (without mentioning how much of the world we feed, the medicines we develop and give away to third world countries, the lives our youth have given to fight oppression)......

Yes he won the Nobel Prize - for NOT being George Bush, and for being an apologist for our country.

BTW - this is the man who avowed "personal responsibility" in is campaign, and one of his first acts - extend the deadline for the switch to digital television, because people couldn't be "personally responsible" enough to get their free government converter in time!

Yes, I hope his agenda fails, even as the children of our country are taught to sing his praises: Barack Hussein Obama, mmm, mmm, mmm!!!!!

You see exactly where I am coming from. At the end of the day the President is judged by the condition of our country. If he is a failure that means he failed to deliver on making a better USA. If he does earn the tag of failure then it will more than likely be because our economy didnt improve, wars didnt give the desired outcome, or a bunch of bs issues, laws, etc were passed. We all know there are a bunch of people that make up the government but he gets to take credit for the outcome. He can do the Clinton thing and fail on his own by screwing an ugly chick.. but I was talking about the people hoping he fails to do the things he's promised just so they can say I told you so.

Its obvious that our preceptions of failure are different. To me it doesnt take falling to a third world status to consider his time in office a failure. To me Bush's second term in office was a failure, and not particularly because of what he did. As the President he didnt cause all these people to buy homes they couldnt afford, and produce too many cars while over paying their staff... However, he is the guy that volunteered to take credit for our poor economy.

Edit: So I guess what I am saying is I agree with your logic, but disagree with your opinion on failing.

Gotcha. And I agree.

However, I as an American don't want to see the "President" fail (or the US for that matter), but I do want to see him fail. Not a personal issue against him, but more politically and idealistically as to how the government should be involved in my personal life.

But that's getting away from the topic.

I want world peace!

Can I now please have my Nobel Peace Prize?

Gotcha. And I agree.

However, I as an American don't want to see the "President" fail (or the US for that matter), but I do want to see him fail. Not a personal issue against him, but more politically and idealistically as to how the government should be involved in my personal life.

But that's getting away from the topic.

I want world peace!

Can I now please have my Nobel Peace Prize?

I agree, I want him to fail at being a democrat but succeed as a President.

You are the second winner in this thread of the Nobel Peace Prize. I will be mailing it to you via UPS.