Any company make a truck manifold turbo kit??

STEVE-O

Dont know if this should go here or the for sale section so feel free to move where it seems fit...

I was doing some resarch and want to start out my long awaited build with the turbo kit first...

I did some digging and could not find if tehre is a company that makes a single turbo truck style turbo kit... If you know of any let me know or if a local shop (ips etc..) has fabbed any.. I dont want to piece this together myself if I can avaoid if as someone may ahve tried and found what combo of parts works and fits well together...

Any advise is apreciated... thanks guys

EDIT:

this is going on a camaro so it would be the manifolds from a chevy truck to make a ls1 turbo kit...

Edited by STEVE-O

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php

plenty of truck kits over there...

it would help to know what kind of truck etc aswell silly

well silly you should know I drive a camaro rob so I would be looking for a 6.0l truck manifold kit for my car lol

(I will specify in my first post :) )

lol not a truck but using the manifolds from a truck on an fbody

kyturbo is about the only consistent ones that make them and is reliable

i am the number one supplier in alternator relocation brackets if you need one.

i made my own truck manifold kit a while ago.

what are your goals?

are you talking about using 6.0 truck manifolds on a car ? if so kentucky turbo makes a nice kit... give them a call they guy i spoke to had me on the phone talking for 30 min...very nice guy

I will look into them... and it is a ls1 not lt1 kit hopefully you are talking about

lol not a truck but using the manifolds from a truck on an fbody

kyturbo is about the only consistent ones that make them and is reliable

i am the number one supplier in alternator relocation brackets if you need one.

i made my own truck manifold kit a while ago.

what are your goals?

cool I will def need the alt relocation brackets... and for now the goal will be 450+ whp.. on a stock bottom end ls1 with hopefully 317 heads and a ls6 manifold...

lol i was asking smokinhawk if the china kit was available in a lt1 kit for myself.. my bad didn't mean to shit in your post ..

http://www.kentuckyturboandperformance.com/ here is the link for KY turbo

o no no shitting its cool man..

ya I just looked at the kyturbo street/strip base kit for 3700 bucks that seems like a awesome deal...

I might think about going to the upgraded kit for 5100 but I dont think that a stock ls1 will handle the power that can make unless I run a very very low amount of boost...

but that kit is what I was looking for exactly thanks guys... Now I jsut need to find some used 317 heads.. seems you can get them for stupid cheap to so that will probably be my first invetment even though I will ahve to ditch them for trick flow heads or something down the line

o no no shitting its cool man..

ya I just looked at the kyturbo street/strip base kit for 3700 bucks that seems like a awesome deal...

I might think about going to the upgraded kit for 5100 but I dont think that a stock ls1 will handle the power that can make unless I run a very very low amount of boost...

but that kit is what I was looking for exactly thanks guys... Now I jsut need to find some used 317 heads.. seems you can get them for stupid cheap to so that will probably be my first invetment even though I will ahve to ditch them for trick flow heads or something down the line

there is a set on ls1tech for 220 shipped but they are milled so it kinda defeats the purpose of a boosted app....

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/1188390-ls1-6-0-317-heads.html

get the upgraded for when the SBE goes and you build a motor then you can crank the boost all the way up

there is a set on ls1tech for 220 shipped but they are milled so it kinda defeats the purpose of a boosted app....

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/1188390-ls1-6-0-317-heads.html

get the upgraded for when the SBE goes and you build a motor then you can crank the boost all the way up

that is what I was thinking or at least just get the bigger turbo with the other kit.

and ya I saw those heads for 220 but again they were milled so it would not help me...

available in lt1 ????

i dont think so, just to make sure do an ebay search

cool I will def need the alt relocation brackets... and for now the goal will be 450+ whp.. on a stock bottom end ls1 with hopefully 317 heads and a ls6 manifold...

alright let me know when you want one, Josh from KY turbo orders my brackets all the time for his builds (but has a very small markup on them)

450rwhp is wasting your time with a turbo build with that much you can do heads and cam or something.

id want at least 500rwhp to start. not to hard if you do all the support mods

that is what I was thinking or at least just get the bigger turbo with the other kit.

and ya I saw those heads for 220 but again they were milled so it would not help me...

what are your long term goals? the Tc76 should be able to get you 700rwhp

while the bigger T6 turbos he offers would take you to 1000rwhp or more

id just stick with the Tc76 should be good enough to get you in the high nines depending on your transmission.

alright let me know when you want one, Josh from KY turbo orders my brackets all the time for his builds (but has a very small markup on them)

450rwhp is wasting your time with a turbo build with that much you can do heads and cam or something.

id want at least 500rwhp to start. not to hard if you do all the support mods

what are your long term goals? the Tc76 should be able to get you 700rwhp

while the bigger T6 turbos he offers would take you to 1000rwhp or more

id just stick with the Tc76 should be good enough to get you in the high nines depending on your transmission.

will do... LONG term I would be happy with 650 to 700. I say 450 for now because I will be running the stock ten bolt and a fresh 4l60 with a big tranny cooler.. I am pretty sure the rear end will give out first but I would be happy running aound on 450whp while I save money to build the rear and find a 4l80..

When I change the motor over in a few seasons I will have either a 9 inch or 12 bolt and a semi built 4l80...

How much are the brackets from you??? ( you can pm me price if you want)

a tc76 or a 76GTS should be all you need, the bigger you go the harder it is to fit, and slower on spool time.

sent you a PM.

got your pm thanks man...

Ya I was looking into the fitment now. I am looking into how much modification the k-member needs..

are you using a stock kmember or aftermarket

an aftermarket make it a whole lot easier and can fit a bigger downpipe.

Well that is what I was trying to decide... I have been trying to see if I can get a good idea on how hard it is to use the stock one but I will probably just go with a aftermarket one as long as it is not to bad on price