Motor is done.....

Linc5.0

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well some was in the intake stream...but not 3.5 quarts worth...:lol::(

triple without a block....

Don't oil get into the intake the stream and get burnt up? I never poured a quart of oil out of my intercooler but I know I was down about a quart.Like I said I'm paranoid about checking my fluids. Maybe I'm overly cautious because I daily drive my car.

It sucks it blew up and I'm happy to hear you have it together. Sadly I have nothing cool to bring to the table to run you with. Then again Pauls nutty enough to think he has a chance.

Maybe if fate smiles nicely I will have a 2.5 bugeye to play with you. Though I doubt it.

Edited by Thorne

Guest Removed
Don't oil get into the intake the stream and get burnt up? I never poured a quart of oil out of my intercooler but I know I was down about a quart.Like I said I'm paranoid about checking my fluids. Maybe I'm overly cautious because I daily drive my car.

It sucks it blew up and I'm happy to hear you have it together. Sadly I have nothing cool to bring to the table to run you with. Then again Pauls nutty enough to think he has a chance.

Maybe if fate smiles nicely I will have a 2.5 bugeye to play with you. Though I doubt it.

yeah it will mix with fuel and get burnt..but it also lowers the octane rating alot too.. its how some see spark knock before they think they should... another reason to tune in lambda .

yeah it will mix with fuel and get burnt..but it also lowers the octane rating alot too.. its how some see spark knock before they think they should... another reason to tune in lambda .

oppose to tuning in what? I think its a pretty much industry wide practice to tune with widebands.

But yeah I agree with you. Oil BAD !!! I would like to put a catch can on mine but I can't spend money atm :(

Guest Removed
oppose to tuning in what? I think its a pretty much industry wide practice to tune with widebands.

But yeah I agree with you. Oil BAD !!! I would like to put a catch can on mine but I can't spend money atm :(

yeah tuning with widebands...but remember looking at one of my graphs and going "why you do it like that, instead of in a/f" well can you tell me stoich point of the fuel being used ? with your unknown amount of oil mixxed with it?

Theoretically, if you were going to tune in afr, you would know the stoich point of the fuel being used and correct the wideband so that it reads accordingly. Problem is stoich ratio can vary from brand, ethanol content, oil content, etc. Using lambda, the stoich rate of any fuel, no matter what the mix is always going to be lamda 1 and you can just apply an equivalance ratio to hit the desired target lamda you wish to be at.

yeah tuning with widebands...but remember looking at one of my graphs and going "why you do it like that, instead of in a/f" well can you tell me stoich point of the fuel being used ? with your unknown amount of oil mixxed with it?

Theoretically, if you were going to tune in afr, you would know the stoich point of the fuel being used and correct the wideband so that it reads accordingly. Problem is stoich ratio can vary from brand, ethanol content, oil content, etc. Using lambda, the stoich rate of any fuel, no matter what the mix is always going to be lamda 1 and you can just apply an equivalance ratio to hit the desired target lamda you wish to be at.

Wide-band sensor

The newer “wide-band” O2 sensor solves the narrow sensing problem of the previous Zirconium sensors. These sensors are often called by different names such as, continuous lambda sensors (lambda representing air-fuel ratio), AFR (air-fuel ratio sensors), LAF (lean air-fuel sensor) and wide-band O2 sensor. Regardless of the name, the principle is the same, which is to put the ECM in a better position to control the air/fuel mixture. In effect, the wide-band O2 sensor can detect the exhaust’s O2 content way below or above the perfect 14.7:1 air/fuel ratio. Such control is needed on new lean burning engines with extremely low emission output levels. The tighter emission regulations are actually driving this newer fuel control technology and in the process making the systems much more complex and difficult to diagnose.

All widebands are lambda

the LC1 does all there work in lambda and I display it as standard AFR. But 14.7 = 1. When I data log my lc1 I can show it in lambda but I prefer to see it in gasoline notation. So my car's fuel on E85 is 11.6 which is .80.

14.7 is not my afr. My Stoiche is actually 9.765 in AFR Notation. But I do not have my gauge set to display in E85 I have it set to display in Gasoline. But eather way its only converting the LAmbda.

This is why cars use there o2 sensor to decide fuel trims to compensate for things like fuel brands oil and additives. This is why in the winter all 100% e85 car would start pulling fuel since they would be adding more regular gas. Allot of people neglect there O2 Sensor and its a shame.

My car gets horrible gas milage. and my check engine light has been on for 2 months...... Yeah.

Guest Removed
Wide-band sensor

The newer “wide-band” O2 sensor solves the narrow sensing problem of the previous Zirconium sensors. These sensors are often called by different names such as, continuous lambda sensors (lambda representing air-fuel ratio), AFR (air-fuel ratio sensors), LAF (lean air-fuel sensor) and wide-band O2 sensor. Regardless of the name, the principle is the same, which is to put the ECM in a better position to control the air/fuel mixture. In effect, the wide-band O2 sensor can detect the exhaust’s O2 content way below or above the perfect 14.7:1 air/fuel ratio. Such control is needed on new lean burning engines with extremely low emission output levels. The tighter emission regulations are actually driving this newer fuel control technology and in the process making the systems much more complex and difficult to diagnose.

All widebands are lambda

the LC1 does all there work in lambda and I display it as standard AFR. But 14.7 = 1. When I data log my lc1 I can show it in lambda but I prefer to see it in gasoline notation. So my car's fuel on E85 is 11.6 which is .80.

14.7 is not my afr. My Stoiche is actually 9.765 in AFR Notation. But I do not have my gauge set to display in E85 I have it set to display in Gasoline. But eather way its only converting the LAmbda.

This is why cars use there o2 sensor to decide fuel trims to compensate for things like fuel brands oil and additives. This is why in the winter all 100% e85 car would start pulling fuel since they would be adding more regular gas.

hey moron..your not getting the point here are you...tune in lambda and you dont have to relie on the sensor to convert it.

Guest Removed
i've seen that much or more in a few trucks. so its possible

but at that point you can pull the intake and set it on the floor and watch the oil spread like the blob...ive been there...this wasnt the case.

but at that point you can pull the intake and set it on the floor and watch the oil spread like the blob...ive been there...this wasnt the case.

not when its rings. the ls1's had ring issues. even my ls6 had the ring issue, i was burning about a quart in 500-1000 miles and it wasn't in the intake and it wasn't smoking.

hey moron..your not getting the point here are you...tune in lambda and you dont have to relie on the sensor to convert it.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

What is this Tune In lambda sensor convert it nonsense. EVERY o2 sensor is a Lambda Sensor. The sensor is not converting. The voltage output on the analog line of your wideband controller is configured to scale your voltage out based on lambda. Look at a LC-1 analog output config. I could make 1.0 show up as 22 if I wanted just by the voltage curve.

I'm just not sure what the heck your trying to say.

If my gauge says 14.7 that means lambda 1 no matter what fuel is in it. If it is running E85 thats what it says if its running 100octane that is still 1. This is unverisal across the board. Like I'm trying to explain. We all tune in lambda since the gauges are nothing more then lambda gauges. the notation you make your gauge display or the serial output is irrelvant.

14.7=1 lambda on my gauge no matter what fuel is in it. Why would I tune in lambda when the subaru ecu does not even have a method to denote target fueling in that fashion? It's in stanard gasoline AFR.

Go download rom raider. Open up a stock ecu rom file and read look and explore. You will understand more what I'm talking about. I'm not trying to be a dick rob.

I am just trying to explain to you how the gauges actually display things. If you look at my fuel curve on my car it is pretty smooth. Shit even cory told me on the phone that my fuel table on grants car was great and he only picked up power from timing and boost really.

If your interested I'm going to be tuning the outback in the near future if you want to sit down I will show you exactly how subaru fueling strategies work.

not when its rings. the ls1's had ring issues. even my ls6 had the ring issue, i was burning about a quart in 500-1000 miles and it wasn't in the intake and it wasn't smoking.

I was talking with a trained Lambo tech and he said its acceptable to burn up to 1 quart in 750-1000 miles on a performance car non raced.

Guest Removed
I was talking with a trained Lambo tech and he said its acceptable to burn up to 1 quart in 750-1000 miles on a performance car non raced.

gm and toyota says its normal too...doesnt make it right tho does it....

and thorne. im not going to sit here and argu tuning with someone that dabbles in it. i know my limits, and there is a reason i let professionals handle that stuff. we can sit here and throw theory back and forth all fucking day and night. doesnt make either one of us right. just makes us both look dumb. funny how you want to argu with me about it in here...but you didnt have shit to say in this thread http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71568

for a stock ringed car maybe, aftermarket rings no.

i have a feeling that they would know more than you.....maybe i'm wrong here.

Guest Removed
Most likely using the stock relay which has been jumper/etc. Easier to put a 30 amp relay in the back and use the gm turn on lead. Eliminates the mazda shit entirely.

well the madza used 2 resistors and 2 relays on these...and someone has wired in a kill switch...the kill switch isnt the issue. so if its in the rx7 side of things, im glad i stock 40 amp relays and harness's.:D

one way or the other this thing will be ready for dynoing tomorrow. get some base tuning done, get some miles on it and work bugs out and double check some things...and then go get it tuned for the juice...:cool:

and thorne. im not going to sit here and argu tuning with someone that dabbles in it. i know my limits, and there is a reason i let professionals handle that stuff. we can sit here and throw theory back and forth all fucking day and night. doesnt make either one of us right. just makes us both look dumb. funny how you want to argu with me about it in here...but you didnt have shit to say in this thread http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71568

I did not see that thread. I'm not argueing jack rob. I'm trying to show you that your just interpeting the gauge. Blah .

I know limits to. Do you see me tuning 500hp cars? no . But I've done plenty of stage 1 and 2 and few stage 3 cars including put maps out for the open community that have be crituqed and given a thumbs up. I do this as a hobby and I think its great I've been the target of slander for no god damn reason. Lets see a car that MY TUNE fucked up. Grants car was not that.

So I'm not sure why you assume that tuning is such a magical thing that someone can't learn how to do it and be able to make some power safely in a span of three years. Thats how long I've been "dabbling", and I've been tuning other peoples cars for about a year on a semi regular basis.

I did teach myself about computers too or am i just dabbling there. I'm not sure what in your head has it set that I'm "incapable" because grants car sure the hell was not my fault and that was admitted. Why don't you take my car or shit I can call 4 or 5 legacy GT owners if you like and see how my cars run.

So we can sum it up. Rob for some reason thinks I can't tune, Though my car is one of the faster ones in the nation with its setup. So I guesse were done. Your right I have no clue what I'm doing, I'll keep doing my thing you do yours.

:gtfo:

Guest Removed
stop putting words in my mouth...never did i say you cant tune...now did i..go ahead go back thru and try and find it...you wont. i would NOT trust you just jumping into a new system, on a fresh car. but hell you have just said that your damn self. if you dont like my fucking opinion. put me on your ignore list. or learn to fucking read what im saying. just like in slo mo's thread..you go jumping the fucking gun, getting 10 shades of butt hurt calling every one and their brother, stating this that and the fucking other.