Motor is done.....

Linc5.0

Guest Removed
nice Rob and thanks to stimmel as well! You have done a hell of a job and am very excited to finally have her back!

not a problem man...just bare with us as we fix some thing's up for you..i promise, you wont be disappointed

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
should have repainted the engine bay before the motor back in for some bling points

engine bay paint is fine...just needs lots of clean up work..and it will get done

off to the track

You got me off the line and I passed you in 1st gear my dude

race for 100?>

Dig to 150...locked.

Why not just dig for 1320 ft?

Damn I want to get a piece of all this action! Somebuddy race my little stock wheel base! lol

ummm. So you blew your motor up by not putting oil in it?

How on gods green earth did you manage that? Don't you check your oil before track days? Or did you just have a big leak? Subarus get really loud as soon as they get about a quart low.

Everytrack day

Oil

Transmission Fluid

Coolant

Brake Fluid

Then again I own a subaru and they tend to eat oil at higher boost levels

Guest Removed

How on gods green earth did you manage that? Don't you check your oil before track days? Or did you just have a big leak? Subarus get really loud as soon as they get about a quart low.

Everytrack day

Oil

Transmission Fluid

Coolant

Brake Fluid

motor didnt leak a drop.... and yeah, it used some oil..but how much oil can one use in 1500 miles?

Guest tbutera2112

Everytrack day

Oil

Transmission Fluid

Coolant

Brake Fluid

fuck all that lol

motor didnt leak a drop.... and yeah, it used some oil..but how much oil can one use in 1500 miles?

Including a trackday and dyno tuning time I ate up just over a quart in less then 1000 miles. But my subaru has always eaten oil. I have no leaks. I really need to add a catch can but ehhh. I can hear when my car needs oil. as soon as its about a 1/2 quart low it sounds like a 3.4gm at initial startup.

But that was about 10 pulls on the dyno, 3 passes and some top end play.

But like I said my car eats oil and always has. But I do always make checks before I go down the track or put my car on the dyno. If I'm Beating the shit out of my car I want to make sure its happy.

I can't fault someone else though for not going over the same process as I do. Mine has been tweaked because of my cars nom nom of oil.

You know as well as I do that your more likely to blow oil at WOT. If those 1500 miles were all racing miles I could see eating up oil but I have no clue what a LS1 eats compared to say a EJ205 or even a EJ25x for that matter.

Guest tbutera2112
Including a trackday and dyno tuning time I ate up a quart in less then 1000 miles. But my subaru has always eaten oil. I have no leaks. I really need to add a catch can but ehhh.

But that was about 10 pulls on the dyno, 3 passes and some top end play.

But like I said my car eats oil and always has. But I do always make checks before I go down the track or put my car on the dyno. If I'm Beating the shit out of my car I want to make sure its happy.

I can't fault someone else though for not going over the same process as I do. Mine has been tweaked because of my cars nom nom of oil.

You know as well as I do that your more likely to blow oil at WOT. If those 1500 miles were all racing miles I could see eating up oil but I have no clue what a LS1 eats compared to say a EJ205 or even a EJ25x for that matter.

is it normal for your car to burn oil like that? seems like a design flaw

and i dont know it for sure, but im thinking theres more to it than erik neglecting the oil

over 75% of the turbo subarus I've seen will coat the inside of there intercoolers. Thats stock btw if the cars are driven hard. Every oilchange my buddy bill's legacy gt will lose about 1/2 a quart. Now Me on the other hand between oilchanges assuming no trackdays/dyno tuning I lose max 1 quart.

Mines done it since the day I got it.

over 75% of the turbo subarus I've seen will coat the inside of there intercoolers. Thats stock btw if the cars are driven hard. Every oilchange my buddy bill's legacy gt will lose about 1/2 a quart. Now Me on the other hand between oilchanges assuming no trackdays/dyno tuning I lose max 1 quart.

Mines done it since the day I got it.

Mine some how ate 3.5 quarts...couldnt find traces of it anywhere.

Guest Removed
is it normal for your car to burn oil like that? seems like a design flaw

and i dont know it for sure, but im thinking theres more to it than erik neglecting the oil

its normal for saturn / toyota engine to use 1 quart every 1000 miles..the have a tsb out on it.

Guest tbutera2112
its normal for saturn / toyota engine to use 1 quart every 1000 miles..the have a tsb out on it.

my truck ate about a quart every 1k miles too...i found all of it when i went to clean the IC haha

Guest tbutera2112
and i dont get why people dont mod the system with catch cans..hell they are all over egay for dirt cheap.....oil = detonation

is that something i should do with the new car? or is it set up differently

Guest Removed
is that something i should do with the new car? or is it set up differently

yours in going to get a evac system with a can on it...

helps keep unwanted pressure out of the crank case.