car sputters while accelerating

jeffro

the car seems to have some issues. last sunday i filled up from meijer gas station and ever since the car has been sputtering really bad. before that the car sat in my driveway on jackstands for nearly a month. while it was sitting there was only a tiny bit of gas in the tank. could this be bad gas thats causing the sputtering or could my plugs be fouled? i tried putting that dry gas shit in the tank to get any water that may be in there but its still doin it. plugs or gas? what do you guys think

Is it throwing a CEL (check engine light)? If so, find out what the code(s) is/are. If it is throwing random misfire codes, I would say bad gas. As for water in the tank/system, if you filled the tank completely, and then added dry gas, it isn't going to do much, if anything.

Th 3 months of sitting shouldn't really have a profound affect on anything but the tires, and parts that may rust, ie brake rotors. You could have built up a bit of condensation in the fuel system.

You should contact the station and inquire about other customers having gas problems. (not that they'll tell you the truth). Hopefully you paid for the gas using a card.

Jeff,

We need to scan the car.

:)

im thinking so. it quit for about a day sometime last week. then started up again. i just changed the plugs and its still doin the same thing. 2 of the old plugs were in pretty bad shape. ill be in touch brian ;)

Is it throwing a CEL (check engine light)? If so, find out what the code(s) is/are. If it is throwing random misfire codes, I would say bad gas. As for water in the tank/system, if you filled the tank completely, and then added dry gas, it isn't going to do much, if anything.

Th 3 months of sitting shouldn't really have a profound affect on anything but the tires, and parts that may rust, ie brake rotors. You could have built up a bit of condensation in the fuel system.

You should contact the station and inquire about other customers having gas problems. (not that they'll tell you the truth). Hopefully you paid for the gas using a card.

i just called and spoke to the casheir. he said the manager wasnt there. i told him i had received bad gas and he says "just bring it back and get a new one". i said "sir, im talking about gasoline, have you had an recent complaints??" he replies with "no, youll have to speak with my manager tomorrow when she comes in". so ill be calling back tomorrow and ripping "carol" a new one.