VERY recent Texas Mile Run - 243 MPH

spankis

Whatever. I did that on 315... just now... while typing this and smoking a cigarette and lying. All at once.

I hope like fuck I can make it to Texas this coming meet. I've missed the last 2 as the last minute. My goal is to just make it the entire mile. :D

You have that backwards.

And 246 with a tail wind-now 243 with light wind on the way to lighting up the motor? Eh.......

I dunno, unless something isn't making sense to me, the way it appears is it took the Veyron MUCH longer than a few miles to get to a verified 253mph on Top Gear- This just did 10-15mph less in a couple miles.

I dunno, unless something isn't making sense to me, the way it appears is it took the Veyron MUCH longer than a few miles to get to a verified 253mph on Top Gear- This just did 10-15mph less in a couple miles.

Quote you-

"This thing could pass a Veyron at top speed"

As you have stated-Veyron's top speed is 253mph. This Supra pop'd its motor going 243. If the Veyron is at "top speed" as YOU say-he'd be sipping his coffee, with the AC blasting listening to Pavoratti when he may get a glimpse of a Supra powered smoke screen in his rear view mirror.

Quote you-

"This thing could pass a Veyron at top speed"

As you have stated-Veyron's top speed is 253mph. This Supra pop'd its motor going 243. If the Veyron is at "top speed" as YOU say-he'd be sipping his coffee, with the AC blasting listening to Pavoratti when he may get a glimpse of a Supra powered smoke screen in his rear view mirror.

Did the motor really go pop? I just understood there were some difficulties.

Whatever. I did that on 315... just now... while typing this and smoking a cigarette and lying. All at once.

I hope like fuck I can make it to Texas this coming meet. I've missed the last 2 as the last minute. My goal is to just make it the entire mile. :D

Make it your goal to do something special- because its a LONG fucking drive just to do something in the middle of no where Texas that you can do on 270.;)

Not much at all-its geared to top out in 5th (at least-for that power/aero combo)

It may not have the power at the RPM at the shift to overcome drag at that point. And either way-I doubt the motor would last all the way through 6th, if it stayed straight.

With 1200 some odd hp I'd be willing to bet it would probably still pull... but what do I know, I haven't been anywhere near 200s.