Any shops wana go after the new 2010 et record

Mattsv8

2010 Camaro so far hennesy shows a 11.50 at 121 is the record. i want to put it to shame. im seriously considering getting a new 2010 camaro and going for the record. need shops who wana put their name and parts to it. while i get some suspension and cage work init. i cant see how 9s arent possible.

That records already broke, 10.78 i think is the current record.

We have the 2010 car we built, black makes over 630 wheel already..and the new clutch is going in this week and a driveshaft (since its broke twice now). Then the car should go easily run around in the tens, and with a differnt tire an some jucie maybe even nines :o

Just order a body in white car and do what ever you want with the car :)!

Regards

Im serious about it. i was already seeking sponsorship on the s10. but im thinking the new camaro might be a better platform as far as marketing goes. I think low 9s with a 80mm is possible. if i can get enough people into it. will be on drag radials. just doing as much research and studying it out right now. i know i can deff afford the car. it could either be a test bed for new parts or just go straight at it for the smack down.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/091009-VRE-turbokitad03.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/2010Camaro093.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/2010Camaro100-1.jpg

checking with them to see if a 80 or 88mm could fit and 4" exh.

LMR's car hasn't made any passes yet but it *Should* easily run 9s with their set-up (LSx block / F1 Procharger). To be the ET king by summer I think it will take 1300rwhp (Minimally) and a dedication on dropping the weight of the car by 500+ pounds (Minimally) to help keep the tranny and drive-train parts alive.

In putting together the entire package the price of the actual car is the cheap part lol.

Jeff

is that the procharged one the black one.

Yes it is. With the 10psi pulley and meth the car should get really close (If not slightly over) 700rwhp. With 18" wheels and an actual Drag-radial on the back the car *Should* easily run 10s (Or low low 11s) with the 6-speed as it sits. That is enough to be a fun street car but not for chasing records. The stock LS3 is pretty much at its limits at that power level anyway...

Jeff

Rod bolts?

They help for sure, but are not going to be a miracle-cure for a car that is actually going to go out and race frequently. An engine-build is a given to hold-up to repeated 750+hp passes and at that point the upgraded rod bolts are just a small part of it.

RHS 500ci LSx block and twin 88mm Turbos FTW :)

Jeff

Edited by Turbotrio

im shure the procharger has more than 10psi in it too. would be wicked street car.

The D1SC on his car most likely will start getting into belt-slip issues with too much more boost. In addition, the stupid-high air-intake temp's with the intake pointing backwards over the header (For the fans of the hot-air intake kits on here lol) will only get worse as boost levels go up. IMO 10psi is about it for that kit as it is.

A F1 Procharger Kit with a Cog is what LMR used to get 900+ if not 1000hp:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48441

Edited by Turbotrio

Triple Post!!

For what it's worth, we have a 2010 SS at the shop now for our prototype IPS Turbo Kit and if you want to stop down we can let you know our initial thoughts on turbo sizing / placement / Single Vs Twins / Fuel Systems / Etc etc.

Jeff

i will deff. this is only day one in the plan. will most likley be a 9" rear and powerglide. drag radial. i wana see what it would do on a 275/60/15 or maybe a 295. pretymuch all driveline would be for sale if i get it. stock engine, tranny, rear.

i will deff. this is only day one in the plan. will most likley be a 9" rear and powerglide. drag radial. i wana see what it would do on a 275/60/15 or maybe a 295. pretymuch all driveline would be for sale if i get it. stock engine, tranny, rear.

If your going to just get ride of the stock drivetrain then just buy a body in white.

http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/Racing/2010-camaro.jsp?seo=goo_|_2009_Performance_Parts_Upfront_|_Performance_Parts_|_2010_Camaro_Body-In-White_|_body_in_white

victory said they are working on a larger kit for higher hp. so far he said with a few tweeks and since i want to delete ac and ps. we could run a 80-88 but possibly a 91.5mm. proably going after fast for the fuel inj setup. maybe twin rail 65s or 55s. i was already talking to them about the s10 so that should be a easy one to get.

Guest Removed
i read that the BIW camaro is only $7000

i had a line on a cheaper one when the gm rep was here a month ago... didnt think i was too interested considering i had 11 mustangs here and 1 f body car. (and one cross breed one)

i had a line on a cheaper one when the gm rep was here a month ago... didnt think i was too interested considering i had 11 mustangs here and 1 f body car. (and one cross breed one)

Any GM parts guy can get you one cheaper, but to get one MUCH cheaper you need to talk to the gentleman we met at the LSx Shoot-out (And Mark had talked to at Chicago earlier this year). He is doing a write-up on Mark's Z06 and the world's first Twin-Turbo ZR1 as soon as I let him know it is done and ready for pictures :)

Jeff