PS3 Gamer Tags

j_claytor

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*cough* You realize, that both machines run on almost identical processors, right? Look it up sometime, the story is actually pretty funny. The GPUs are very close, also.

My best friend has the same sony 1080p tv as me and we took both of them with the same games. Played them side by side the ps3 ran faster and smoother and looked better. The real funny part is that ncaa09 is 1080p on 360 and 720p on ps3 they still looked the same. I went though 2 pro 360(didnt even realy play) and 2 elite360(junked out on cod4 lol) in a year and a half. I did get the ylod on my first ps3 after 15 months (sony fixed for free) but played the ps3 alot more then all 4 of my 360. They both have there ups and downs.

My best friend has the same sony 1080p tv as me and we took both of them with the same games. Played them side by side the ps3 ran faster and smoother and looked better.

That hardly means anything though, code optimization is what counts, so a comparison would have to be on a game by game basis, and not system by system. It all depends on how much work the dev is going to put into each version, the toolset available, and understanding of the architecture. Which you would be hard-pressed to find a dev, that isn't first-party, who would tell you the PS3 is easier to program for. 8 total SPU's (6 available),GPU, and less memory bandwidth, compared to a 'PC similar', tri-core, GPU, and higher memory bandwidth. There are plenty of multiplatform games that look/run better on 360, soley because it is easier to optimize.

If it sounds like I'm down on Sony, that couldn't be further from the truth. I very much love my PS3, I just prefer games over system stats (that often-time mean very little). Though I didn't purchase a PS3 until some really good exclusives were available for it. Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, and inFAMOUS specifically.

Yeah, same. I love my PS3 to death, but really only bought it for the exclusives that I couldn't have on my 360. Stuff like MGS4, inFAMOUS, God of War, Kingdom Hearts, ect...ect. The truth is that many games are written for 360 first, because its easier to code for, and then moved over to PS3. Coders are starting to get the hang of it, but like Rob said, many games look better on the 360.