Looking at some 1911 45's

truckin

I am very happy with my Springfield 1911-A1. I had Kevin (formerly of Gander Mtn, then Blackwing, dunno where he is know) do wonders on the Trigger.

Also, the Misses Dan Wesson Pointman 7 is AMAZING for the money. I do know that their prices have gone up since our purchase, and rightfully so, IMO.

If you are ok with an entry level 1911, that you can Mod to your liking (ie - spend more $$$ on down the road), Springfield's Mil-Specs are nice,.

Good Luck!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

+1. find these for $449 and up

I think our Springfield Armory USGI was about $400 or so from Vance's a few years ago. Shoots okay, is fussy about ammo like most 1911's are, and I can't shoot for shit with it but it's an alright gun. I'd take any of my Rugers any day over a cheapish 1911. More magazine capacity, shoots better (for me anyway), more reliable, easier to take down, better to grip, can shoot DA/SA, don't have to carry cocked & locked, and I could go on. I can't understand why these cost so much, it's a friggin USGI design, it should be like $200 like the commy pistols.

Be aware that if you get one with plastic grips, they will crack if you look at them oddly. Better have a spare set or two around. Super cheap, and take about 3 seconds to change.

if you want blued the place I got my gun has a 1911-A1 Mil-spec for $499. I couldn't talk them down from thier 690 they wanted for the stainless milspec. mil-specs are a step above the G.I. model.