FS: '77 K5 Blazer $1500

2 Sweet

Posting this add for my brother. I was going to buy it from him, but I don't have the time and money to mess with it. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM....................

I'm selling my '77 Blazer due to a lack of time to do what I want with it. I bought it a couple years ago with a 350 that needed rebuilt, so I put in a 400 like what it had when it was new. I'm not sure how many miles are on the 400, but I installed a reconditioned set of '71-'72 LT-1 heads, an Edelbrock intake and carb, and there is headers and dual exhaust. The oil pressure is a bit low when warm, but it is high enough to be safe. It may just be the gauge, as the car that the 400 came out of never had gauge readings that low.

The tranny is a Jasper th350 and shifts just fine. The 203 seems to work well and the shifter works how it should. The front axle is a 3.73 geared d44. The rear 12bolt currently has 3.08 gears in it, so that needs to be taken care of. The front shaft is currently out of the truck for this reason.

It has 4 inch front springs of unknown brand, they feel a little stiff, but not too bad. The rear is a block lift, and there is also a 3 inch body lift. Has 35x15.5x15 TSL SX's on the stock rally wheels. Tread on the rear is great, front looks a little less than half.

The body is pretty good compared to most around here. The usual rust in the lower areas, but nothing really bad. The rear floor seems pretty solid, and the tailgate sill functions, including the window. The interior is mostly black (haven't dyed the pass door panel yet) and there are S-10 buckets installed on a pair of 80's seat tracks. Has black carpeting and headliner. No radio at the moment.

There are a few things that need taken care of, besides the gearing in the rear. The rear main seal (2 piece) leaks pretty good, the tranny pan gasket leaks a little, and the heater blower does not work. The blower just needs a relay and fix the connector. Also, the rear tires could use some more BB's in them if you don't like shakes.

Overall, the truck runs and drives well as-is. It goes straight down the road, and the brakes work fantastic. It feels a little doggy with the crap rear gearing, but it's really not that bad. I'm sure with a gear change it would have plenty of get up and go. That's all I can think of right now. I'm located about 10 miles west of Columbus. The price is $1500 firm. When selling a vehicle, I don't like to do the "ask high, sell lower" thing. Thanks for looking.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2499/4074039708_fce19594e8_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2766/4103774799_29a8631cb9_b.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/skoval25/Car%20pics/6016_908778139285_12432613_50424386.jpg

Damn, that's a awesome deal. I sold my 86, that was in WAYYYYY worse shape than that and without the lift and extras for like 3K. Tell him to raise the price if he has it on craigslist. It will sell quick. These things have a cult like following. Either way, good luck (though, I don't think he will need it).

Thanks guys. When he eventually puts it up on craigslist I know he'll be asking a little more. I appreciate the compliments. I would have kept it but I have too many projects and not enough money, which is the same reason my brother is selling it. I've driven it quite a bit the past few months and it's definitely a badass truck.

• 2 weeks later...

lots of interest, but nobody has shown up with cash yet.

BTW, we replaced the instrument cluster with another one, and like we had thought, the oil pressure gauge was indeed not working correctly. Oil pressure is fine, the gauge now reads where it should.

• 1 month later...