Ebattling 101

V8 Beast

I have noticed lately that the ebattling on this forum is less entertaining than the fishing network. To help pick things up I figured I would make a thread so the older members of CR (that have better things to do now) could give pointers to the newbs over the winter.

I'll start

1. When debating always use spell check!!! The easiest way out for a person losing a battle is to talk about spelling. Yes, its a punks way out, but the most commonly used by people losing an ebattle.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112

sucks a mod weewee on a regular basis, that way when you are losing badly you can cry to them to have them lock the thread, after a witty last remark by you

just trying to help you out brian...i heard paul is slacking off in the saliva dept. and youre looking for replacements

5. Hotlink images from threadbombing.com as a response to a post.

Example

4. Pull out all the stops. Find a person's weakness and exploit it.

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/2/85e9169265ddde3fd0c0d84740a32dd3.gif

If a battle is going nowhere (grammar nazi comes out, someone makes a ford joke), just make a post saying "I miss *someone who posted in the thread that you're friends with but don't hang out with enough*". One example I've noticed is Howard. Just say you miss him and everyone will forget what they were talking about (acknowledgement of friendship trumps flamewars, i guess). At that point, you can start working on a new target.

sucks a mod weewee on a regular basis, that way when you are losing badly you can cry to them to have them lock the thread, after a witty last remark by you

just trying to help you out brian...i heard paul is slacking off in the saliva dept. and youre looking for replacements

Ban.

-Marc