wtf mate

Spidey2721

get a call from my mom today. said she was at a gas station and couldn't drive her van. long story short i go over to look it over and expecting to find bushing completely wore out/gone. nope. crawl under rear end and the damn axle is snaped in half right in the middle. if she had ran over a crub or a parking block maybe i could understand but nothing like that. i do some research online and this is not uncommon with the 99-00's. i would think something with a major part like that, ford would recall. sure its at least a grand to fix. uggg she reallly did not need this. if it would have waited another day it could have killed the entire family on interstate on turkey day. wtf ford?!?! makes me not want to invest anymore of my blood sweat and tears into my car anymore. thanks for reading my rant. Edited by Spidey2721

Guest Removed

bad casting in the center shaft on the later 1/2 of 99, early 00's had the suspect axle issue..and really hard to see

what color stripe or sticker is on the center part of the shaft?

Edited by Removed
spelling

its was half dark and raining out at the time. i will see if i can find out though. its at a dealer right now. towed there. i think i going to tell em i want the broken parts. i will see what i can find maybe take pics. it wasnt always taken to same place for everything.