quading and mudding 12-5/6-09

Guest Removed

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on another note...most of the trails back there are rutts...bob cat no...

Yeah don't ever take a bob cat back there. It took my truck an hour to yank a 9,000lb one out of being stuck in my yard a couple years ago.

My yard is an old field and has drain tiles all over it. The bobcat drove over an area with one in it and got buried over its tires. I spent a couple hours trying to use its bucket to push it out and finally doing that plus using my truck to give it more room to work it was finally able to drive out. I did end up throwing my rear drive shaft and finished the job in front wheel drive though.

Dozer might not make it either though. They aren't the best at mud. My dad has had his buried over the tracks before and it pulled a 2ft diameter tree out of the ground trying to winch itself out. Finally an excavator was used to dig a ramp for it to get free.

Guest Removed

some dozers are designed for deep mud..ever see the ones with really wide tracks? those are it

and most of the time, if it hasnt rained alot, then its not muddy back there, but as you see in mikes pics in the other thread, the only place there is mud, is in the rutts. and since i know how to run a dozer , i can have that shit flatted out, and have rutts left for the water to run away, and not wash out the track...

id take the dozer and just start one big path around every thing, and start making stuff in the middle and so on...

some dozers are designed for deep mud..ever see the ones with really wide tracks? those are it

and most of the time, if it hasnt rained alot, then its not muddy back there, but as you see in mikes pics in the other thread, the only place there is mud, is in the rutts. and since i know how to run a dozer , i can have that shit flatted out, and have rutts left for the water to run away, and not wash out the track...

id take the dozer and just start one big path around every thing, and start making stuff in the middle and so on...

Sky Rental up in westerville would be a good place to get one. They don't have hour meters so if you rented it for a saturday you'd pay 1 day and could use it all weekend. I've done that several times.

if you have to pull a bobcat out with a truck you are full of fail

You'd have to have been there. I've found that there are places in my yard that when wet, only a dozer or my truck on 38" boggers can drive on without sinking. So far my `05 taco has been stuck 3 times, bobcats 2, tractor 1. Its simply a matter of surface tension and bobcats unless they have tracks do not do well in that dept due to the heavy weight + tiny tires.

Guest Removed
Sky Rental up in westerville would be a good place to get one. They don't have hour meters so if you rented it for a saturday you'd pay 1 day and could use it all weekend. I've done that several times.

how much would it run tho? cause i know i would be out there burning down the diesel

Is this on or what? Where is your shop?

this very easy to get to... ilbe out there in the pit bike. im sure ill be plotting with rob on ways to get across the creek to teh otehr side of the paths ughh we shoudl of just jumped the ranger into the creek an burried it an built around it lol

Guest Removed

should have drove the rodeo into it, and made a jump acrpss the creek out of it..there is all kinds of land over there to make trails and track on

been exploring over there on the quad a few times

Guest Removed
Can I have some time on your quad, Rob?

talk to erik, or flat tire..erik has a bike and a quad now, and flat tire has a shit ton of them..you should talk him into bring some up...so we can ummmm..test them and what not;)

quad pull offs and what not..

which one can make it across the creek...:D

talk to erik, or flat tire..erik has a bike and a quad now, and flat tire has a shit ton of them..you should talk him into bring some up...so we can ummmm..test them and what not;)

quad pull offs and what not..

which one can make it across the creek...:D

...uve got a winch an we can get a truck near the creek so were good BONZIEEEEEE

Guest Removed
how big is the creek? looking on google maps it shows some but that all look narrow. Might try to stop out as well.

the deep side moneyshift fucked him self in is about 30 or so feet wide..there is a crossing just to the south of it, that i can cross most of the time without the winch...but , i bury mine to too the fenders in it sometimes hitting it wrong and have to winch out. but the creek come next to the shop and cutts across the property in the middle..and the google maps are old....and dont show it how it is now..

can someone screen shot it for me and i can make a map of where stuff is!

Guest tbutera2112
how big is the creek? looking on google maps it shows some but that all look narrow. Might try to stop out as well.

the crossing isnt too big...its just 3 feet of quicksand with another foot or two of water on top of it

Guest Removed

guess ill go take pics..if its not flooded like the other day..if it is..i'll take pics of deep water hiding every thing..

tyler..think of 8 feet of water on top of all that...thats what it looks like flooded!

Guest Removed

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/shop%20party%20pics/offroad.jpg

blue line is the ride i just took on the quad in the video

yellow line is the creek!

green circle is the paint ball area the high schoolers now play in

blue circle is the older paint ball field that dont get used, but has a nice circular track going in it

pink lines are trails/ paths i have been making either with the rodeo, or quad

purple lines are the paths you dont see in that pic

big pink dot is as far as i have made it on the other side of the creek, after crossing on the small side..

most of the paths are deep rutts! when its dry, theres mud in the rutts only, grounds dry. a day like today, its slick, and you slide alot...guess we shall see how it will be on sunday!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/shop%20party%20pics/offroad.jpg

blue line is the ride i just took on the quad in the video

yellow line is the creek!

green circle is the paint ball area the high schoolers now play in

blue circle is the older paint ball field that dont get used, but has a nice circular track going in it

pink lines are trails/ paths i have been making either with the rodeo, or quad

purple lines are the paths you dont see in that pic

big pink dot is as far as i have made it on the other side of the creek, after crossing on the small side..

most of the paths are deep rutts! when its dry, theres mud in the rutts only, grounds dry. a day like today, its slick, and you slide alot...guess we shall see how it will be on sunday!

sunday or satruday? cause your title says the 5tth which is satruday but you jsut posted about sunday